login

Author Topic: First timer to Plakias 26th June :-)  (Read 3801 times)

Offline Manclad

• View Profile
    • Email
First timer to Plakias 26th June :-)
« on: June 21, 2012, 07:23:33 AM »
Hi all. Im a 39 year old male and Im travelling alone to Plakias on Tuesday 26th June for one week. Do you think I will meet people out there etc? I hope so :-) Im staying at the La mon hotel on the front.

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: First timer to Plakias 26th June :-)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:26:19 AM »
Hi
having spent many holidays in Plakias for years....we have met many single people who have  enjoyed very good times & met very friendly folk.

Good luck & enjoy.

Dave&Les

ps. You could become a 'Plak Addict' like many of us.!!

Offline Bertie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 10:02:47 PM »
Like many others I travel to Plakias alone every year and I guarantee you will love it. It's such a relaxed and friendly place that you will certainly meet others. Just get talking to people when you're walking to and from and on the beach.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 10:06:13 PM »
Like many others I travel to Plakias alone every year and I guarantee you will love it. It's such a relaxed and friendly place that you will certainly meet others. Just get talking to people when you're walking to and from and on the beach.

I think Bertie has hit the nail on the head, don't be afraid to chat, there are loads of interesting and friendly people in the town, locals and tourists

have fun!

chris

Offline Manclad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 08:07:56 AM »
Cool, thanks guys. Im looking forward tp it now, only a few days left to wait :-)

Offline SweHa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 07:07:47 PM »
First-timers here also, Swedish couple in the 50´s coming in tomorrow afternoon (saturday 23rd) after morning bell rings as early as 03.40!!!

We should have no problem whatsoever getting in touch with people, looking forward a lot to the two weeks we´ll be staying in Plakias and it´s surroundings.

/ SweHa

Offline Davos

• MSN Messenger - plakias@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://davosplakias.spaces.live.com/default.aspx
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 06:44:27 AM »
Not our first time as such, in fact our 12th I think.
Anyway, good see another Manclad going. Both you and SweHa will have a brill time in Plakias like what was said above , the people frendly, just say hi and see where it takes you.
We get there on sunday for two weeks.

Davos  :-)
Smile you are in Plakias. :)

Offline Mark12345

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 12:14:59 PM »
Hi there. Welcome to Plakias. Possibly the best beach and Village on the island. That'll start a good debate ! Many young people (and old) head to Joes Bar in the centre of Town. Most of the people staying at the YHA end up here. I doesn't  start waking up till 12 ! If you want good music then go to the Ostricka Bar just past all the resturaurants. Don't expect wild nightlife it just doesnt happen. Will you meet some nice people ? Most definitely. you won't want to leave ! Have a Great time :-)

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 12:37:52 AM »
Was taken to Plakias by 'mistake' in 94 (then taken to Amoudara....), went back in '95, then every year since '02, calculate that I've spent 1% of my life in Plakias now.

Travel the world on business (just back from S America for second time this year), and holiday elsewhere at least once a year, but I really LOVE Plakias and environs. Wouldn't miss it for anything. Might seem boring going bck to the same place each year but Plakias has everything that I look for.

Cheers, Richard