Author Topic: Car Hire  (Read 1825 times)

Offline daveg

• View Profile
Car Hire
« on: August 28, 2013, 06:24:09 PM »
Hi everyone,
We arrive next Tuesday (3rd September 2013) at Heraklion and are organising a hire car to drive down to Plakias for our 3 week holiday. We have made a provisional booking for a car with Cretarent but I'm having some nagging doubts as I can find little info' on the company.
Has anyone used or have an opinion on Cretarent?
Thanks,
Dave

Offline Plakias Lover

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Car Hire
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 10:11:56 AM »
Hi

Can't speak for the rental company you are using, we always use Just Car Rentals and have done for well over 10 years now.
Prices are good, but the main thing is there are no hidden charges, all insurances, CWD, unlimited mileage, even a second driver is included.
I have seen couples at the airport picking up cars & being told they have to pay extra for this, that or the other! Not a good start for your holiday.
The cars are always brand new and in good condition, the one we had in July was brand new that day with 23 Km on clock.
They meet you at the airport & take you to the car (just a short walk over the road). The lads are brilliant and always recognise us straightaway, their English is really good and they explain everything to you.
The 2 occassions we have had problems with breakdown (and 1 was our fault we didn't notice we had caught the light switch so consequently drained the battery!!) we were dealt with and back on the road within a couple of hours.
We started using them after reading someone's recommendation on here and can't praise them highly enough and will be using them again in October.
If not too late to cancel & change your rental, I would suggest you do.

Hope this helps!

Offline daveg

• View Profile
Re: Car Hire
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 05:37:12 PM »
Thanks "Plakias Lover".  Unfortunately "just Car Rentals" have nothing small available for our dates but will note for any future visit.
Dave
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:43:29 PM by daveg »