login

Author Topic: Olympic 2013 Holidays  (Read 25183 times)

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Olympic 2013 Holidays
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2013, 11:29:42 AM »
I expect we've paid more, but I'm really pleased we're travelling independently. Easyjet from Manchester, 7.10am take off on Thursday and touch wood, no alterations yet!

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »
The Thursday morning Manchester Easy-jet flight is fine and then we return on one of the friday Late evening flights so you get ann extra 1 1/2 days holiday (and they work out cheaper)!!
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2013, 05:43:38 PM »
Why didn't I think of that!?

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2013, 05:52:43 PM »
Why didn't I think of that!?

You will next time!
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »
Don't worry...I am used to pestering both Thomas Cook (they know me by my first name) and Olympic (and yes, they do change details once you are on holiday...and expect the reps to be able to find you and advise you !). Will definitely be checking and wont be at all surprised if things have changed ! Wonder if Anne Robinson and the Producers of Watchdog have as much trouble with their holiday bookings ?

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 10:52:46 AM »
Whatever happened to good communication ?.....I pestered our very friendly travel agents yesterday and even they had problems finding out who was flying from where and with whom. They rang Olympic for me and were told that our flights on the 17th Sept at 21.50 remained unchanged...except that the carrier would be Small Planet. Cant wait for the tickets to arrive to confirm this. The agents have now suggested (as they weren't happy about the fact that they hadn't been told either) that we check right up to the day before departure just in case. Six hours either way makes a huge difference if you are booking advanced rail tickets that can only be used on certain services.....either that or the wait at the airport is long and tedious....and that's before you ever get to Crete ! Will keep you up to date if anything changes.

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 04:10:35 PM »
Just as a matter of interest - has anyone had an email reply (other than the automated one - Thank you for contacting us. A member of our reservations team will call you shortly with a response to your enquiry. Please note that if you  provide us with your telephone number we will contact you shortly and will therefore be able to process your enquiry more efficiently) from OLYMPIC when you have sent them an email? I haven't to my 2 emails this last week and they won't phone you unless your number is a landline number it seems. Great holiday/rep/value for money but customer services is somewhat lacking thats for sure!!!

Offline triton

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2013, 07:27:16 PM »
Just returned from Kos with Olympic Holidays. Outbound flight from Manchester was with Germania we actually left 10mins early. Airbus A319 with "Gambia Bird" markings !!
 Return flight on time so very good service although prices on the aircraft we found very expensive and it took 2hrs before we were offered drinks from the cabin crew (outbound )

Offline triton

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2013, 08:02:40 AM »
We are going from Leeds/ Bradford to Heraklion ( Plakias ) in September.
Has anyone flown from there this year and experienced any problems etc ?
On the Olympic website it shows they will be using Jet2.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:06:40 AM by triton750 »

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2013, 08:47:02 AM »
Jet2 are an efficient and reputable company. Flown with them  with never any problems and again flying with them in September to Heraklion. Small Planet are the problem airline. They were a disaster last year and a tragedy this year. So many people's hard earned money wasted and Holidays ruined by Olympic holidays contracting them.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 12:51:34 PM by Lampyland »

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2013, 02:20:33 PM »
Did someone mention that Olympic holiday prices for September start to drop soon? I fancy a week in September. Irida Is £420 Kostas is £430 at the moment.

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2013, 02:57:51 PM »
Ah but has Plakias fizzled out like a 'damp squib' by 22-29 October - last week of the season cos thats even cheaper? Time to check the bank balance. When does it shut????

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2013, 07:18:13 PM »
Daughter and other half panicking because this week Birmingham have two flights to Heraklion with the same flight code and departing at the same time.

Don't worry, this is a code-share flight.

Noopsy
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος