Author Topic: Beware there are thieves about !  (Read 2963 times)

Offline celtictigers

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Beware there are thieves about !
« on: July 08, 2015, 09:09:08 PM »
Spent the day at Amoudi beach yesterday. My wife put her handbag in the boot of our hire car prior to going on to the beach. We ensured that the car was locked and spent a great day on the beach from 11.00 to about 1800. On returning to the car ,which was still locked we left the beach back to our accommodation and on emptying the boot found that her phone and a large sum of cash was gone from her handbag. Somehow they had managed to get into a locked car and repatriate said phone and cash. Reported to the Police in Spilli but didn't get very good response ! If coming make sure all valuables are kept on your person or locked up in your accommodation ! Very expensive lesson learned !

Offline Steve Jones

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Re: Beware there are thieves about !
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 11:25:41 PM »
Really sorry to hear about the theft and your wife's loss of the phone and money.

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way, but we have been trying to fathom out how the car was locked up again after it was broken into?

Hope the loss of the money hasn't left you short of funds for the rest of your holiday.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Pimo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 01:47:48 PM »
Wonder if someone has a spare set of keys...??

Offline phillip

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 10:44:22 PM »
There was a scam last year in southern Spain. An employee of the car hire company was giving the spare key to an accomplice and the details of the people who were hiring the car.

Offline happyashellas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 11:39:27 PM »
The general models of cars on hire are alarmingly simple to break into. I spent many years in the breakdown/recovery service and you get a lot of calls to "lock outs", where people have locked themselves out of their own cars. apart from very modern expensive imports, most cars are quite easy to get into. If it is a top range BMW or similar, breaking the glass with a half brick takes a thief about a milisecond to get in. The general rule is never leave anything of value in a car, no matter if it's only for a minute or so. Someone else having a spare key is a bit dubious as well - do they follow you wherever you go on the off chance you'll park up and leave money in the car - seems pretty unlikely. Sorry for your loss, and I hope you still had a lovely time and won't let it stop you returning.
Είναι Ελλάδα έτσι δεν είναι