Author Topic: is it safe to come out yet?  (Read 3254 times)

Offline dimitri

• Regulars
    • View Profile
is it safe to come out yet?
« on: June 09, 2009, 10:46:26 PM »
shit man have"nt been brave enough to show my face round here for months since i got flamed for having an opinion,has that scare"y old woman who made up all those nasty things about me gone into a home yet?
yea, well hope you are all in good health and no i dont bear a grudge.mmmmmmm maybe against some people.

Daisy

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 09:22:15 AM »
Could not have put it better myself Graeme,  Daisy
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 09:23:14 AM by Daisy »

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 12:29:31 PM »
Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.

Offline Cecile-Ines

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 01:45:19 PM »
Hallo!  

Not sure what's going on here, but how about us all becoming friends and allowing different opinions to emerge.

I suggest a Taoist approach -  let's all breathe deeply and consider everyone's feelings.  Do we have to be right, or is it OK to allow.

I ask you all .....

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 06:56:28 PM »
Quote from: Graeme
but how about us all becoming friends and allowing different opinions to emerge.

Hi and  Welcome to the forums.

I've been visiting these forums off and on now for several years and in all that time I have'nt witnessed any real nasty or personal attacks posted by anyone other than this threads original poster. So one could easily conclude that we are already friends expressing and allowing different opinions amongst those of us who contribute often, and also amongst those who readily offer advice to new visitors especialy those visitors interested specificaly in Plakias.

/........breathes deeply    

My own rule of thumb for internet posting on forums is to never write anything to anyone or about anyone that first is'nt true and secondly if I would'nt say it to their face in real life then I would'nt hide behind a computer to say it on the internet.
Bullying on the internet is in some ways worse than in real life and it can be very upsetting for the person being targetted.
As to your question "Do we have to be right" ?  Of course not and if anyone cares to show or explain where I'm wrong then I'm willing to listen and reconsider my opinion.  

/breathes deeply  

Have you been to Plakias yet ?  
If not I hope you have many happy hours perusing the many informative posts that members over the years have contributed  

Graeme,
to tell the truth, I agree with you! I do not like attacks against anybody.

Cecile-Ines,
please read the posts/comments and I believe you will understand our opinions.

Regards,
Kerstin

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 09:30:58 PM »
Without wishing to prolong this digressionary discussion, I have to say that, last year, I leant more to Cecile's thoughts but, Dimitri, although you seem to know a fair bit about the area and the people, your posts for whatever reason, paint a very different picture to the one most members have. It's worth remembering that the reason the forum exists and thrives is that the vast majority of its members have had good experiences in Crete and Plakias in particular. Nice as the location is, it's the friendliness of the whole community, tourists and locals, that make it for us. We'll be back in September and I've no doubt we will have a great time and come back with more memories to cherish.