login

Author Topic: Mitos Taverna by Church/Flights/Black Bin Bags  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Damian & Viv

• View Profile
    • Email
Mitos Taverna by Church/Flights/Black Bin Bags
« on: October 12, 2008, 03:53:41 PM »
Plakias People

What happened to George at Mitos? We were saddened to hear about him passing away does anyone have any details? We loved eating there and spent many happy moments with him constantly refilling our shot glasses with yet more Raki, crackin' fella will be sadly missed.

We are back to Plakias between 2- 23 June next year and would like to find some cheap flights, is there any truth in the rumour that Easyjet have pulled the plug on flights from Manchester to Heraklion?

Carl and Rowena - "Come and get your black bin bags, they're on offer till September" how funny was that Police, helmet and all we often titter about that! Hope you are over in June and we can meet up. Did you buy the appartment?

Cheers

Damian and Viv

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 02:40:51 PM »
Quote from: Damian & Viv
Plakias People

What happened to George at Mitos? We were saddened to hear about him passing away does anyone have any details? We loved eating there and spent many happy moments with him constantly refilling our shot glasses with yet more Raki, crackin' fella will be sadly missed.

Damian and Viv
When I was there in May he had just died, very suddenly of a heart attack I was told. On the day of the funeral there was a huge spread being set up at Mitos and judging by the number of cars parked, virually everyone from the local area attended.

Mike

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.results4u.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 10:25:42 PM »
Plakias People

We are back to Plakias between 2- 23 June next year and would like to find some cheap flights, is there any truth in the rumour that Easyjet have pulled the plug on flights from Manchester to Heraklion?

Carl and Rowena - "Come and get your black bin bags, they're on offer till September" how funny was that Police, helmet and all we often titter about that! Hope you are over in June and we can meet up. Did you buy the appartment?

Cheers

Damian and Viv

Oh my god! how weird I haven't been on the site for months & the first message I read is from you guys.

We hopefully will be there next year in June & yes we did buy the apartment, we go in 8 weeks to take over fingers & toes crossed all goes smoothly & we can enjoy Christmas & New Year in Plakias!!

Any way over to carl...

Heavy duty black bin bags...get them at the counter! love you guys, see you in Plakias...my round X Carl...no I haven't been drinking officer!

Offline LoukaFran

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 11:02:03 AM »
Dear Plakias Friends,

I do not understand how you can talk about the passing away of George of the restaurant at the church and binbags in the same message.

You must realise that we are not the only people to use the forum and that people from Plakias are also members and read our messages...

Have some respect please.

Our thoughts and support go out to the wife of George, his children, mother, mother in law, father in law and Nicos the brother of the wife of George.

Despite the death of her husband the wife of George has been able to put a few main menus on the menu of Anthonis place at the sea - I do not think I could have done the same.

We hope we will see you next year and think of you.

Offline Yvonne

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 12:10:43 PM »
Thanks Loukafran.  We also have very fond memories of George and his family.  May he rest in peace.
Yvonne

Offline Damian & Viv

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 08:45:24 PM »
Quote from: LoukaFran
Dear Plakias Friends,

I do not understand how you can talk about the passing away of George of the restaurant at the church and binbags in the same message.

You must realise that we are not the only people to use the forum and that people from Plakias are also members and read our messages...

Have some respect please.

Our thoughts and support go out to the wife of George, his children, mother, mother in law, father in law and Nicos the brother of the wife of George.

Despite the death of her husband the wife of George has been able to put a few main menus on the menu of Anthonis place at the sea - I do not think I could have done the same.

We hope we will see you next year and think of you.

Offline Damian & Viv

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 08:58:05 PM »
Obviously there was no offence meant, "we were saddened by... "gave the correct amount of respect I thought.

The Cretans are very fatalistic as you know and will always get on with life whatever the circumstances.

I appreciate the ticking off though, nice to feel like I'm back in school.

Offline LoukaFran

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2008, 07:38:17 PM »
Obviously there was no offence meant, "we were saddened by... "gave the correct amount of respect I thought.

The Cretans are very fatalistic as you know and will always get on with life whatever the circumstances.

I appreciate the ticking off though, nice to feel like I'm back in school.

Damian & Viv

The problem is that e-mail messages are easy and fast to make but sometimes you do not realise who reads the messages.

On this forum its seems like you are chatting to friends, but as it is not a "private site" everyone can read our comments.

Sometimes this can be usefull but other times ...

As you say, I can not imagine us coping in the same way as this family.