Author Topic: Weather Plakias - Sept - October, Hotel Lamon  (Read 3033 times)

Offline hammerhead

• View Profile
    • Email
Weather Plakias - Sept - October, Hotel Lamon
« on: August 05, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »
Any idea what weather is generally like last week Sept, first October, and Hotel Lamon any good? I know people have always told me Plakias busy September, we have stayed June and August before and thinking about coming out again this year but later. Cheers All. Keith

Offline Bertie

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Weather Plakias - Sept - October, Hotel Lamon
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 12:23:10 PM »
I went on 4th October last year for 14 days.
We had one day which was a complete washout, two half days on which I could not go on the beach because of either cloud or rain and 11 perfect days. I'm going in October again this year so hope it's as good again.

Offline Hugo V

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 02:38:09 PM »
We were in Crete last year for 2 weeks as of October 4, first week in Kamilari and second week in Mirthios and had lovely weather.  We have been several times between the end of September and the end of October and have had quite good weather all the time, with exception of one or two days of rain or wind.  We love that particular period: it is getting quiet and usually not as hot as the summer months.

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 07:17:37 PM »
We're going out for the last two weeks of September. Last year we had a spectacular storm with thunder and lightening all afternoon and evening and one morning of monsoon condition rain but it remained warm and, strangely, was sunny at the same time !. We usually go out at this time and have had temperatures of over 40 degrees and a few cloudy days but, in general, it is still comfortable enough to swim in the sea or wander around...no complaints from this end !

Offline Dutchy

• View Profile
    • http://www.loutro.tk
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »
Hotel Lamon is great! Value for money, nice people, clean. Enjoy!

Offline triton

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 07:30:58 AM »
We are also going the last two weeks in September, good to see the thunderstorms hopefully at night
then you don't need the air con.