Author Topic: Villa Ioanna  (Read 4141 times)

Offline Stuart

• View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna
« on: July 21, 2003, 06:14:36 PM »
I have seen details about the Villa Ioanna apartments on the Interkriti website.  From what I can make out, it looks fine, with the usual self catering facilities - fairly basic, but then again, what do you need for a week or so?

It says that it is located "on the main street, between the wonderful beaches of Plakias and Damnoni", approximately 5 minutes walk from the town centre.  

I have never been to Plakias yet, so I would like to ask if anyone has stayed there?  If so, what did you think of it?  Is it really 5 minutes walk from the town or is that only if you are an Olympic athlete?  How far is it to the sandy part of the beach?  In fact, anything you cab think of that I need to know!

Thanks very much

Stuart

Offline Stuart

• View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 07:59:58 PM »
Well, I didn't get any replies to my posting, so we decided to trust the old saying that "no news is good news" and have booked studios at the Villa Ioanna.  

I must say that when I e-mailed my booking request, the owner, Marko, replied very quickly and was able to answer all my questions.  Let's hope that is a good omen for our stay.  The problem is, until you have found out what a place is like for yourself, it is always a bit of a worry deciding on where to stay.  After all, we only get one or two weeks abroad each year and it seems like a tragedy if something goes wrong.

Anyway, we are due to arrive about 2pm-ish on 9th September.  After all the good things I have read about Plakias on this and other sites, I can't wait!  

Over the past couple of years, we have tried to break ourselves of our addiction to Greece and have tried taking holidays in UK, Ireland and Spain.  All of them turned out to be a pale imitation of the real thing, so Greece it is again!!!

I would still be interested in hearing your views on Villa Ioanna, good or bad.

Thanks

Stuart

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Villa Ioanna
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 09:01:41 AM »
Hi Stuart

I don't recall anyone having stayed at villa Ioanna before so I suspect that's why you have had no response. I had a quick look at them but I can't say I have seen them and I know most of the accommodation. It looks nice so I'm sure you will be OK. Perhaps when you return you could report back with a review. It's always nice to hear of something new.
Have a great holiday!

Susan

Offline Stuart

• View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 08:36:34 PM »
Susan

I will certainly be posting a review when I get back.  In fact, I seem to recall reading somewhere that there is an internet cafe in Plakias, so I might even post while I am there.

Until then: Καλές Διακοπές σ'ολους μας

Stuart

Offline RobM.

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - rmontier2002@yahoo.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 06:14:48 PM »
Ostraco's bar on the front has 'net access. Cross the bridge (sea on your left ) and it's about 200 yards further along the road.

RobM.

Offline Yvonne

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2003, 09:32:24 AM »
We have passed the Villa Ioanna may times and it looks good from the outside, although I know that looks don't always mean everything.  I am sure though that you will be very satisfied, after all, most accomodaios can be called 'basic' in Greece.  As for 5 minutes walk, well I think that is a bit optimistic, I think 10-15 more like.  There is a short cut down to Palegremnos beach, but the walk to Plakias, well downhill at a run, maybe, but the drag back up after a few beers maybe a different matter!  Just keep the noise down on the way back  as we are stayng at the top of the hill!!
Yvonne

Offline Stuart

• View Profile
    • Email
Villa Ioanna
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2003, 08:33:40 PM »
We'll try and keep it down but I may have to apologise in advance for my lungs screaming on the way back up.