Author Topic: Transfer from Plakias to Heraklion  (Read 3376 times)

Offline JeanW

• View Profile
    • Email
Transfer from Plakias to Heraklion
« on: October 11, 2017, 04:04:01 PM »
Just about the longest transfer time ever - over 4hours to get from Plakias to airport yesterday with Olympic with at least 10 pickups en route.  Worst ever and at the moment can't imagine wanting to do that journey ever again.  One couple decided to get a taxi which took 1hr 20 mins, however it did cost 110 euros!!!!

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
Re: Transfer from Plakias to Heraklion
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 04:28:28 PM »
My worst was 5½ hours Heraklion to Plakias. This was many years ago, and if I remember correctly it was with Thompson. Yes, there used to be a choice of tour operator. At one time there were seven different UK companies offering holidays in Plakias.

These days, you don't always get a transfer with Olympic, but we don't use them if they are offered.
Taxis are a faster and more convenient option - or get someone from Plakias to pop out and pick you up.

Our normal solution is to hire a car at the airport. If you deduct the cost of taxis each way then it costs little extra to have transport available - to go for dinner in Sellia, or seek out a sheltered beach if it's windy in Plakias.
John - Ostraco

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 05:52:39 PM »
Or, of course, you could go by public transport: very cheap, and not as bad as you think. 
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Bertie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 10:36:56 AM »
I visit Plakias (and Paleochora) every year and take the public bus services both ways every time. It's efficient, comfortable, reliable and cheap.