Author Topic: Have you booked your 2013 yet?  (Read 12717 times)

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Have you booked your 2013 yet?
« on: November 19, 2012, 01:09:23 PM »
Has anyone already sorted out their 2013 holiday to Plakias yet - or are you going somewhere else this time? Been checking the prices? Not sure of the date yet? Package tour or D.I.Y.? Same accommodation or somewhere new? How many times will it be this time? :)

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Have you booked your 2013 yet?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 03:39:37 PM »

Definately Plakias in August. Fancy staying at the Stella rooms as I liked them last time I stayed. Just the money to find now.

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline PhilR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 05:21:06 PM »
Hi
We booked 2 weeks (end June / July) a couple of months ago
Flights from Manchester on Easy Jet (ah well...) were ~£195. Now seeing them at ~£270.
- we'll have got a great deal or prices will start to come down.
Who knows

Staying, again, at The Lamon. It's not palatial, but the staff, magnificent sea view and the price (of course) make it ideal for us
We'll probably be going back early Sept

Can't wait.............

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 06:25:30 PM »
We've booked a week in Corfu mid May, any one know of any "Far end beaches"? on Corfu

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 08:09:10 PM »
To all regulars...  Plakias needs us  .....there may be a few problems at far end wth sunbeds but hopefully that will be sorted for this year.............  where else will you find 'Paradise'?

We have booked very early this time for next year.....got another good deal with Olympic at KC - 4weeks in May......thought prices will probably go up later. 

Also booked GTW - HER for mid August with Easyjet £75 each ....just waiting for mid September to become available for return home....we will be staying at our beloved Paligremnos.

Can't wait for the lovely weather & welcome that we get year after year!!!!! :)

Offline Hugo V

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »
We will be in Myrthios for one week from May 22-29 staying at Chrisanthi apartments, but will be down in Plakias every day for shopping, beach, coffee at the Livicon and dinner.  Looking forward to it.  Afterwards, we will stay another week in Kamilari near Matala.  We always split our time between both villages and sometimes add a couple of days in Paleochora or in Agia Paraskevi.  The Greek people are waiting for us and we can't wait to be back.

Hugo

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 11:00:29 PM »
Will be in Plakias for Easter (1st two weeks in May) - first time ever in Spring. Got ridiculously cheap flights with Easyjet from Manchester on the first day they opened for booking (much more expensive now). Staying as always at Stella - where a lot of regulars are coming for Easter. Sadly we think it will be our only trip in 2013. Always wanted to see Crete in early spring - cool days, snow on mountains, flowers etc. Easter being late (Orthodox Easter) will be a bonus to be able to participate with the locals. If we like this early trip it will likely become our regular new time of year. This year in late September / early October it was very hot - good for some and though not complaining a bit hot for us. Perfection for us will be to get boots, fleeces and anoraks on and get into the hills on a cool but hopefully fine day.

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 09:49:58 PM »
We haven't booked yet but hope to go at our usual time at the end of August - when we will lead Les and Dave astray again in the Livicon on windy days.

JohnR - 20 years ago we had our honeymoon in Georgioupolis on the north side of Crete at the end of April/early May (Georgioupolis was still quite small).  The weather was a bit mixed and we wore our woolly jumpers a lot of the time - particularly when we went to Omalos one day.  Samaria Gorge trips were snowed off and the gorge was closed due to flash floods several times during the fortnight.  So I expect you will get your wish going so early in the season.  Pack your fleece and enjoy your trip - the flowers are beautiful.

Arnaki

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 07:58:29 AM »
 & when have you two needed an excuse.....!!!! hic...hic.

Offline nora

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 10:35:17 PM »
Spottt - we were in Arillas in May - loads of nudists on the beach  - no sunbeds though at the far end just glorious sand. Have a great time - I love the greens of Corfu and May is a gorgeous time to go - full of wild flowers and fireflies. We will be in Paxos next May - can't wait
Nora x

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »
& when have you two needed an excuse.....!!!! hic...hic.

...and you hardly needed yours arms twisted either!  ;)

we were in Arillas in May - loads of nudists on the beach  - no sunbeds though at the far end just glorious sand.

Arillas looks good.  How easy is it to get to the "far ends" at Arillas and how far from the main village?  A good thing about Plakias is how easy it is to get to the Far End, but a bit of quick internet research suggests that Arillas might be a scramble.  I use crutches, so rock climbing is a bit out of the question.

Thanks

Arnaki

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 02:22:35 PM »
Some interesting comments in this thread re. the weather early season versus late. For 17 years I have been to Greek islands for two weeks twice a year. Two weeks between weeks 2-4 of May and two weeks between the last week of September and mid October. Over this period I have discerned very little difference in temperature or rainfall between early and late. 2012 was certainly a good warm autumn but that isn't always so by any means. I had three very bad days in Plakias in mid Oct 2011.

John R is going that bit earlier than I have been in 2013 so it may well be cooler then, but maybe not.

A regular difference, of course, is the lighter evenings in spring. The sea is also a bit cooler then but not by much IMO.

As everyone knows, Plakias is very much quieter in spring than autumn.

Mike

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 06:18:54 PM »
Thans Arnaki, we'll give it a try, hopefully we''ll grab a week in Plakias in sept 2013, having said that we didn't like the over crowding at the far end.

Offline nora

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 09:27:48 PM »
Arnaki - both the far ends require a bit of a scramble I am afraid. not sure I would want to do it with crutches. I much preferred Plakias to Arillas which I felt was full of english people - I like to get away from all things English other than Yorkshire tea!

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 11:38:54 AM »
We will also be in Plakias (well Asomatos) for the orthodox Easter. Usually go in september or October but looking forward to seeing the place in a different season.
Tony
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)