Plakias > Holiday Companies

Olympic 2018

<< < (3/3)

Mike G:

--- Quote from: Richard on February 16, 2018, 09:02:21 PM ---I had a look at Olympic a few weeks ago, can't remember which airline was on offer but the transfer was a taxi, costing, from memory, GBP150, each way, with no alternative. I booked a BA flight in the end.

I've made my own arrangements in recent years, having been completely hacked off by Olympic's couldn't give a sh#t attitude. It's possible to book a taxi for around 30% less than that - I've used Zak in Plakias and he'll do the trip for EUR105

Are Olympic laying on the 'magical mystery tour' coach transfer again? I don't trust them one little inch either way. Guides who get lost at three in the morning, flights cancelled or delayed at absurdly short notice, etc. I know that it's business and they have the market pretty much cornered, but I don't have to like it.

Rant over.

I suppose that I should try enjoy Plakias, without worrying about these people.

Cheers, Richard

--- End quote ---

Much to agree with in your "rant".

Following my flight being changed to Thomas Cook, out of interest I went on to the TC website to see how much they were currently selling my flight for. When I had made all the necessary additions for things like baggage the cost was only about £50 less than my Olympic cost.

The only reason anybody sticks with Olympic is that they can undercut the "independent" route, massively so if you are travelling singly. As you say, you have to be able to put up with the "Magical Mystery Tour" as well.

Richard:
Thank you, Mike, for your reply.

The thing that really upset me was seeing very elderly people (I'm no spring chicken, but...) 'discharged', like cattle, at Gatwick at 00:30-ish, rather than mid-afternoon, and just told to get on with it. Many of them couldn't walk easily. No trains running at that time of night, no assistance from Olympic staff, what do you do? We're lucky enough to live relatively close to Gatwick, although it did incur an extra day's parking charge.

I wonder what happened to the rest? Olympic had had their money so I don't suppose that they didn't give a you know what.

I travel a lot with work, and when I had a dicky foot at Indianapolis, and then Chicago, airports, the security people couldn't have been kinder. I was trying to use my bag as a crutch - didn't want to make a fuss - but they wouldn't have any of it. They put me in an electric car and sped me through security, and ensured that BA did the same at Heathrow. What a difference from Olympic.

I know that life isn't fair, but deliberate, pre-meditated, unfairness makes my blood boil.

Richard

Mike G:
Does anyone know if Elspeth is the Olympic rep this year? I thought she was excellent last year.

JackieatUrbanAgenda:
Yes Mike G ...Elspeth will be there this year.Really looking forward to seeing her again.

Mike G:
I wonder how many Olympic clients are coming from Gatwick this year as there is no Olympic charter flight from there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version