login

Author Topic: Good hotels?  (Read 19372 times)

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
Good hotels?
« on: June 20, 2013, 02:08:48 PM »
Hi there,
we are planning a trip to Crete in September and would like to have some suggestions of good medium-budget hotels/rooms for two people.

We do not need luxury in the hotel, but would like a good bed and breakfast so to speak...
-can music save your mortal soul?-

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
Re: Good hotels?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 02:41:46 PM »
The Gio-Ma on the seafront is good as are the Skinos just outside on the Souda road. Do a search on booking.com and type Plakias and you will get a lot of results. Look here too
http://www.plakias-filoxenia.gr/rentaroom1.htm
On the rocks has a few rooms and in a good position and does breakfast. The Stella studios are good and close to most of the village.
We usually just have Honey and Yoghurt for breakfast with some fruit, then go and grab a coffee or Frappé. Many places do breakfast. I really hope no one starts offering full English.
I find that is where the rot starts. Opinionated, me? never  ;)
I am sure the regulars on the forum can help you with more recommendations.
Welcome to the Forums.
Sent from my Nexus 7
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 03:37:43 PM by Lampyland »

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 02:59:23 PM »
Hi there,
we are planning a trip to Crete in September and would like to have some suggestions of good medium-budget hotels/rooms for two people.

We do not need luxury in the hotel, but would like a good bed and breakfast so to speak...

We havn't been to Plakias in a couple of years, so not wholly up to date, but suggest you look through the reviews under the Articles button, which cover a fair few places.

Have a god holiday.

Offline Hugo V

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 09:01:28 PM »
Most apartments come with small kitchen facilities (enough to prepare breakfast).  However, we have had breakfasts in the Livicon and in Ostraco and were very happy with the breakfast choices, the quality and the prices.  And they both have beautiful views.

Offline Bertie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 09:12:47 AM »
Do you want specifically an hotel? In my opinion you're better off renting a room in the village centre. Unless you choose Alianthos Garden the hotels have little more to offer.
Some rooms have cooking facilities but you're surrounded by cafes, shops and tavernas.
I'd recommend a room at the back of the village because it's quieter but still only on minute's walk to the centre.
I recommend Aphrodite and Stella which both have a very loyal following. Breakfast is provided at both.

Offline PhilR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 09:27:58 AM »
We've always stayed at The Lamon Hotel (B&B)
Situated in the centre & close to all bars / resaturants etc.
We've always booked 'a seaview room' - superb views
The daily rate includes breakfast and rooms cleaned daily. Staff are very friendly.
Rooms are 'basic' but comfortable and clean. (all have fridge but other, larger rooms, have cooking equipment)
We'll be there in a few days times - can't wait!
- just hope the wind has gone on holiday.....

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 12:46:51 PM »
I was going to suggest the Lamon...several friends have stayed there and loved it. I would also recommend the Livikon almost next door (they have a great reputation for breakfasts and they do great cocktails and ice creams)...plus the usual apartments (such as Kosta Chrysoulas) and the Dora just up the road from the Ostraca bar. They would all meet your requirements and Im sure you'd have a great time wherever you choose.

Offline Steve Jones

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »
Would put in a good word for Markos and Evie at Stella Apartments. Generous, continental style breakfast and very clean simple rooms with a/c.

It will be our 7th stay at stella this july and it has always been a joy to be there.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »
I second the above re Stella big time - been staying there for the last 15 years

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 07:51:17 PM »
I will be at Stella on August 2nd!!
    Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 09:58:10 PM »
Stayed at Stella in 2003, haven't been back since but not for negative reasons, just chose to do things differently. Very good breakfast, rooms fine, nice people too. Would be happyto stay there again.

Offline Regulars since 1992

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 08:14:57 AM »
Stella's very much gets our vote. Stayed there most years since the earlier '90s, which says it all. Run by a lovely family and they deserve as many bookings as possible. Once visited, I expect you will return.

Offline ireneandian

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 10:44:24 AM »
Stellas is our favourite place to stay. comfortable, very clean and a very welcoming family. Have stayed ther many times.

Offline LESANDCHRIS

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2013, 02:05:27 PM »
Yes agree with the above stayed at Stella's many times and feel we are returning to our greek family.  We have made life long friends with fellow Stella pensioners. 

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2013, 08:14:32 PM »
Enough of this Stella plugging!   ;D  I would recommend Morpheas: a great place to stay.  They don't serve meals but the Livicon is right next door for breakfast.

Νούψη
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος