Author Topic: Is September 26 06 a good time in Plakias?  (Read 3551 times)

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
Is September 26 06 a good time in Plakias?
« on: February 23, 2006, 10:09:19 PM »
We went to Plakias last June and LOVED it, just as expectedfom the posts on this forum, but now are considering a cheap return visit, if only to go to the Sirocco Taverna and continue our friendship with Babis and his father. Is this a good time to go? What abut the wind? (No,not the beans)Raki Festival? (although I love Ouzo) Will the weather be good? Do we need a swiming pool? Went to the Costas Chtysoulla last time and found it good for our needs (Close to Tavernas and Beach) Any advice apreciated, will buy youa Mythos in return for advice! Throw in a Gyros for discount info!

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 08:42:11 AM »
We have been early and mid September. At that time, it is sometimes too hot so I'm sure the weather will not be a problem at the end of September. I believe the wind can be a problem any time but July/August is meant to be the worst time so I can't imagine it being any worse in September than is was for you in June. We have stayed at Costas Chrysoulla and the Apollon (next to Costas) and the pool temp. is lower than the sea temp. (early Sept.) The sea temperature will only have dropped by 1 deg.C by the end of Sept. so it will be fine. We can't get to Plakias this year  so I'm not just replying for a free Mythos.  

Offline beachcombers

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 03:27:48 PM »
We have been early and mid September. At that time, it is sometimes too hot so I'm sure the weather will not be a problem at the end of September. I believe the wind can be a problem any time but July/August is meant to be the worst time so I can't imagine it being any worse in September than is was for you in June. We have stayed at Costas Chrysoulla and the Apollon (next to Costas) and the pool temp. is lower than the sea temp. (early Sept.) The sea temperature will only have dropped by 1 deg.C by the end of Sept. so it will be fine. We can't get to Plakias this year  so I'm not just replying for a free Mythos. 
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

O good history (several years) of all weather condtions in Heraklion with graphics can be found on this site:

[a href=\"http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/16754.html]Weather in Heraklion with history[/url]  

Swimming pool? Is the Lybian sea too small?  

Raki festival date is not yet sure. And can be changed depending on when the harvest ends.

Leen

« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 03:33:11 PM by beachcombers »

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 09:39:34 PM »
We have always gone to Plakias at nearly exactly this time of year. Starts off hot all day and evening (not too hot) and by the end of the two weeks by near mid October it is probably cool enough in the evening to put on a fleece while eating outside. Never yet been forced to eat inside though a few people do so by mid October. For us it is an excellent time to go.

John