Author Topic: Tesco Deal Tokens  (Read 4107 times)

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tesco Deal Tokens
« on: August 16, 2007, 07:57:29 PM »
We shop at Tesco and have lots of Deal tokens so this year's trip to Plakias I got a quote for car hire from Avis. They wanted over 610 Euro for 2 weeks (a 'special' Tesco Deal price) which would have still been good (=£105 of Tesco points) but there was also a £500 excess on the insurance . Maybe I missed something but it all seemed too much hassle and not clear what was covered. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has used their Tesco points for car rental abroad.

Aslo has anyone used Tesco points to pay for XL flights - this seems more straightforward but as we tend to leave it until the last moment to book, we've never had enough time to book it with Deal Tokens.

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Tesco Deal Tokens
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:09:27 PM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
Aslo has anyone used Tesco points to pay for XL flights - this seems more straightforward but as we tend to leave it until the last moment to book, we've never had enough time to book it with Deal Tokens.

I am thinking of buying an XL flight in the next few days via tesco tokens for next year (this year already booked). I can't see any snags and assuming you have enough tokens you get (in my eyes) a free flight. The following year I shall spend my collection of airmiles on a BA flight - I have enough now. Up to this year inclusive I have bought airport parking with tesco tokens. They have now dropped that deal. So I'm keen to get my XL flights for next year bought with tesco tokens asap before they might perhaps  drop that deal as well. I reckon airmiles will stay around longer. So basically I'm looking forward to 2 years free flights (have to pay taxes etc unfortunately).

We shop at tesco anyway (our closest shop) and I use a tesco credit card so we accumulate a significant number of tokens.

Since writing this I've looked at the Tesco XL clubcard deal page and they are indeed dropping the offer. Last bookings taken before 31 October 2007 for travel up to 31 October 2008 - so I will definitely book my Sept 2008 flights in the next day or so.

John R
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:10:34 PM by John R »

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Tesco Deal Tokens
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 09:50:20 AM »
Quote from: John R
Up to this year inclusive I have bought airport parking with Tesco tokens. They have now dropped that deal. So I'm keen to get my XL flights for next year bought with Tesco tokens asap before they might perhaps drop that deal as well.

Since writing this I've looked at the Tesco XL clubcard deal page and they are indeed dropping the offer. Last bookings taken before 31 October 2007 for travel up to 31 October 2008 - so I will definitely book my Sept 2008 flights in the next day or so.

John R
It seems that if the offers are really good (and both of these clearly were) they don't stay for long. Enjoy while you can.

Mike

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Tesco Deal Tokens
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 11:43:53 AM »
Quote from: Mike G
Mike

I have just now booked our flights for Sept 2008 with XL - extremely efficient at their end - and very easy to do. So that is free flights for that hol !!

John R
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 11:44:11 AM by John R »

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Tesco Deal Tokens
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 12:42:39 PM »
Quote from: John R
Quote from: Mike G
Mike

I have just now booked our flights for Sept 2008 with XL - extremely efficient at their end - and very easy to do. So that is free flights for that hol !!

John R
Having decided to book early for once and wanting to use our Deal tokens, I was disappointed to see that XL have dropped Stansted for Summer 2008. We had no complaints with Thomas Cook this year so will see what tey have to offer.