login

Author Topic: A Place In Greece  (Read 18389 times)

Offline Grayskull

• View Profile
A Place In Greece
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2005, 11:38:26 AM »
One of the things I find amazing are people who have moved to Crete (not just Plakias and not just British) who do not like the Greeks.  Makes you wonder why they don't just stay in their own countries!!  On the subject of where to find land etc, I will try and get a list together of agents from some friends who are busy looking at the moment.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2993\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hello Ali/Dave Jim Kennedy here, I'm in Souda Bay....pierside 3rd time now...Haven't been out on town expenses, lack of a map..All poor excuses for not going farther out into Cret. I have enjoyed several bike rides, 1 up to the top above the fuel base...got out past (forgive my lack of memory & spelling) past ARONI ?? I  love the area, but limited to be w/ others when out in town. As well as I 'm to be safe an secure at the times of your beautiful sunsets. I'm a 46 yr ol fool an I have to be home when  the street lights come on ???  Well thats what it feels like anyway......I got in a 2hr jog yesturday around the area...The US Navy may have to drag me away when its again time to  leave....They have to catch me first..  The disgruntled feelings about Greec and yet moving here....."All I know is when I pack my things my issues....always sneak into the luggage... Damn it "
Regardless those people probably aren't happy anywhere.....that unhappiness goes where ever they hang their hat.  
I........... Love your country and your people. Jim

Offline Daskaloyannis

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - stvmulligan
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
A Place In Greece
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2005, 01:29:03 PM »
One of the things I find amazing are people who have moved to Crete (not just Plakias and not just British) who do not like the Greeks.  Makes you wonder why they don't just stay in their own countries!!  On the subject of where to find land etc, I will try and get a list together of agents from some friends who are busy looking at the moment.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2993\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is true,  why anyone would want to stay in Greece who hates the Greeks is beyond my comprehension, maybe they should consider Spain or France.  Or perhaps they are the type of people who want to make a cheap buck out of the Greeks for living in their country.  I think this is the case- they want luxury accomodation but want a cheap price, Spain is now too expensive so these paracites have now focused on Greece.  Look at the chaos in Cyprus because some British people bought "bargains" only then to find out the land/house was originally owned by a Greek family - do they live on Mars?

I hope the majority of people who move to Crete will appreciate the people and Country, best to ignore property developers.

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
A Place In Greece
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2005, 03:30:43 PM »
Daskaloyannis, I think you got the situation correct completely.  I know there are many people who want to live here because the country and people are excellent, unfortunately we also have the others.

Jim, pleased to hear you are having a good time, keep those pedals goings.

Ali