login

Author Topic: swimming pools  (Read 3920 times)

Offline shelby 213

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
swimming pools
« on: July 02, 2003, 10:29:06 AM »
Hi there just a small querie. Our apartments dont have a pool but I have heard you can use other pools at different hotels could somebody please let me know if this is correct

thanks shelby
« Last Edit: July 02, 2003, 05:53:12 PM by Andy »

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
swimming pools
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 01:34:45 PM »
Hi Shelby,

I asked this in the old forum before it 'expired' and I seem to remember that you would be alright using the Alianthos pool if you were to say buy a couple of drinks or a snack there. Seems fair enough really. Probably the same at the other one (Lamon?). I never have used them though because I love the sea too much, beautiful when its flat, fun when its not!

Ploppy

P.S John, look forward to evenings/mornings on 'that' balcony with yoiu too

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
swimming pools
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 01:56:18 PM »
Hi Shelby.
If you are staying at Dora, you have use of Costas Chrysoulla pool - very close. Obviously, no problem if you are at Costas!
I think people use both Aplool and Costas pools without specific arrangements too - if you are buying at the pool bar, no one minds.
(Snacks and drinks etc. at Costas and Apollo are good).
If in doubt, just ask - everyone's friendly!
John - Ostraco

Offline Karen T

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
swimming pools
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2003, 04:43:48 PM »
Oasis Pension (on the main road just before the turnoff down to Plakias and next to the Shell petrol station) has a pool.  For anyone staying in the outlying area (Ifigenia, Labyrinth, Ikaros), Nikos doesn't mind people using the pool.  It's usual (and polite) to buy some drinks though, and again, to be polite, we always check whether there is a charge for the use of the pool but we've never had to pay.

Offline JulieB485

• MSN Messenger - Juliebotterill@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Juliebot
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Juliebot1
    • View Profile
    • http://www.laceyandvanessa.homestead.com
    • Email
swimming pools
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2003, 07:17:44 PM »
We are staying in the NIKOS studios - anyone know if there is a pool near there?

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
swimming pools
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2003, 07:29:09 PM »
Hi Julie,

We are staying at the Nikos studios as well. I would say that the Alianthos Hotel is the closest to there a few minutes walk away. Although the others would only be an extra minute or two on top of that. There is the camp site in front of the Nikos studios which has a pool I think which you may be able to use. It has always looked pretty deserted to me but I did spy a couple of camper vans in there last year.

Regards,
Ploppy