Author Topic: Easyjet to Crete!  (Read 19271 times)

Offline Yvonne

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2008, 11:12:24 AM »
Quote from: John R
Quote from: musicman
Well according to the Easyjet website, they are flying to Heraklion from Manchester, though there are currently no details of the flights.

I am going to see what there is from Gatwick, and if cheaper, cancel my GB Airways flight.

I have received an advert email from easyjet stating that bookings to Crete from Manchester and Gatwick commence tomorrow - 01 Jan 2008. Cut/paste from that advert :-

easyJet are now pleased to announce even more new routes for your summer holiday. From 1 January 2008 flights are on sale to the following new destinations from London Gatwick and Manchester:

Fly from Manchester to:
Crete (Heraklion) from £44.99

Fly from London Gatwick to:
Crete (Heraklion) from £37.99

Just noticed on their website that there are no flights after 30 September - unless that is the date up to which one may book at the initial stage - doesn't look good for us October regulars ???

Happy New Year to everybody

John R

Just priced it up for the 2 of us leaving Gatwick 2/9/2008 until  16/9 and deleting the insurance option (we have annual) the total cost comes to £353.56.
Yvonne

Offline musicman

• View Profile
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2008, 11:50:50 AM »
Quote from: John R
Just noticed on their website that there are no flights after 30 September - unless that is the date up to which one may book at the initial stage - doesn't look good for us October regulars ???

Happy New Year to everybody

John R

Well I believe this is because Easyjet have 6 month schedules, and October is in thier Winter schedule, which is not on sale yet, then again, they may decide to not fly in October

Offline Steve Jones

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2008, 12:54:50 AM »
Certainly waiting for this announcement has paid dividends for us as we have booked our flights with Easy Jet for the end of July at less than half the normal cost, which has pretty much paid for the accommodation if you compared to what we paid for flights in 2007.

Steve & Dawn.

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2008, 12:57:39 PM »
Quote from: Steve Jones
Certainly waiting for this announcement has paid dividends for us as we have booked our flights with Easy Jet for the end of July at less than half the normal cost, which has pretty much paid for the accommodation if you compared to what we paid for flights in 2007.

Steve & Dawn.

Have just been on the East Jet site and it came back with a total of £663.56 for 2 people flying from Gatwick in August and returning at the beginning of Sept.

And I thought they were meant to be cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XL are quoting £680 but with much better flight times.

Peter&Dawn

Offline boxerlover

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2008, 05:28:42 PM »
Quote from: Peter&Dawn

Steve & Dawn.

Have just been on the East Jet site and it came back with a total of £663.56 for 2 people flying from Gatwick in August and returning at the beginning of Sept.

Peter&Dawn

Hello Peter & Dawn......Are you sure you have put your details into the easyjet site correctly ?  I have just looked at their site.... a Gatwick flight for two weeks from 19th August to 2nd September  ...without insurance equates to £433.56 for two people

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2008, 05:58:35 PM »
Quote from: musicman
Well I believe this is because Easyjet have 6 month schedules, and October is in thier Winter schedule, which is not on sale yet, then again, they may decide to not fly in October

I think this is unlikely - there is evidence in their timetable section of a definited 27 September cutoff. They also state on their timetable page :-

Winter - 28 October 2007 to 29 March 2008;
Summer - 30 March 2008 to 25 October 2008;

John R

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2008, 12:20:02 PM »
Quote from: boxerlover
Quote from: Peter&Dawn

Steve & Dawn.

Peter&Dawn

Hello Peter & Dawn......Are you sure you have put your details into the easyjet site correctly ?  I have just looked at their site.... a Gatwick flight for two weeks from 19th August to 2nd September  ...without insurance equates to £433.56 for two people

Thanks Boxerlover. I thought I typed all the details correctly but I will try again later.

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2008, 04:18:24 PM »
Hi
Just booked for two of us to have our 2 week stay in Asomatos with friends flying EasyJet Manchester to Heraklion 5/9/08 to 19/9/08 with 2 hold bags but no insurance for £330.07 (but that is £20 more than we could have booked yesterday). So it looks as if the earlier you book the cheaper it is.
Tony
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline Steve Jones

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2008, 06:08:17 PM »
We were lucky with the dates and times which were identical to last year.

By doing so has meant that we have paid half of what we paid last year, which was £440.00 for two adults-a good price for Jul/Aug 2007.

Steve & Dawn

Offline Butties

• View Profile
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2008, 01:10:55 PM »
Hello everyone, happy new year,
Been a while since I added a reply but I check out the site weekly.

After a couple of seasons away from Plakias we thought we would return; maybe see the old place before the 'possible / maybe' new development starts, as it still remains our favourite, although we 'found' a really nice 'Plakias-like' place in Samos, but that is another story for those who might want to know.

Like to go independent for various reasons and thought I had just about everything sussed, dates, flights and reservations wise, and then GB Airways goes and gets bought out by Easyjet, damn cheek!

Gatwick flights, first two weeks in June, went from £98 / £98 - out / inbound to 125 / 125 over night and are now 175 / 125 for same dates, near on £615 in total from £400, all in less than a week. Still going to go but I am looking at other flight options.

Is it me, naive and all, but is there something very odd / cheeky about Easyjet offering cheaper flights for those who do not have any hold luggage, Ok, if you live in Crete I suppose it works, but most people using these flights must surely be holidaying, or am I missing something?

Happy holidaying.

Butties.

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2008, 06:12:59 PM »
"... is there something very odd / cheeky about Easyjet offering cheaper flights for those who do not have any hold luggage ..."

Not really, it's a fair reflection of the way airports charge airlines.

Landing/take-off fees are supplemented with "handling costs", so if there are no bags for the airport to handle, they can't charge the airline.

Good job (southern) Crete is naturist friendly - you don't need to pack as much
Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2008, 08:22:55 AM »
Quote from: Butties
although we 'found' a really nice 'Plakias-like' place in Samos, but that is another story for those who might want to know.

Butties.

Pythagarion??  

george g...

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2008, 01:34:13 PM »
Quote from: George
although we 'found' a really nice 'Plakias-like' place in Samos, but that is another story for those who might want to know.

Butties.

Pythagarion??  

george g...
I'd hazard a guess at Kambos (also known as Votsalakia).

Mike

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 02:38:11 PM »
Hi all

Just back from UK, lovely being back much nicer weather.

Whilst we were there a friend of ours booked with Easyjet in September from Gatwick to Heraklion for 52 pounds return!!!  Guess he must have been lucky.

I certainly hope they continue flying during the winter as this will make it much easier for us.  To get to Newcastle we had to do three flights; Hania-Athens, Athens-Gatwick, Gatwick Newcastle.  Not fun.

Happy New Year to you all

Ali and Dave

Offline Butties

• View Profile
    • Email
Easyjet to Crete!
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 06:58:08 PM »
Quote from: Mike G
Quote from: George

Butties.

Pythagarion??  

george g...
I'd hazard a guess at Kambos (also known as Votsalakia).

Mike

Close, very close guys, the much smaller fishing village of Ormos Marathoukambos just around the headland eastwards from Kambos/ Votsalakia.  
Like a smaller version of Plakias, I'll take a guess and say it was like Plakias probably was 20 or so years ago, i.e. not yet discovered!