Author Topic: Excel Flights Changed/Cancelled in September  (Read 7331 times)

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Excel Flights Changed/Cancelled in September
« on: June 20, 2007, 07:57:34 PM »
Just got home to find a letter from Excel Airways saying that our flight to Heraklion is cancelled due to a 'Commercial Decision'  

Further checking shows that they have actually just changed the flight times through Aug/Sep to make them earlier (see below)
So what was a 21:45 flight is now 18:45. Thay didn't automatically book us on that.

I phoned up and cancelled as the 18:45 is too early for after work. Luckily First Choice still had availability for a little more dosh so now booked on that instead.

Shame Kosmar and Olympic don't do Fridays from Gatwick as some of the package deals are great.

Suppose I had better get some accommodation sorted now  

To                     Date from       Date  to       Day    Dep         Arr
Heraklion (HER)    25/05/2007    20/07/2007    Fri      2145    0335
Heraklion (HER)    29/05/2007    30/10/2007    Tue    1045    1645
Heraklion (HER)    23/07/2007    17/09/2007    Mon    1355    1955
Heraklion (HER)    27/07/2007    07/09/2007    Fri       2100    0245
Heraklion (HER)    14/09/2007    26/10/2007    Fri       1845    0045
Heraklion (HER)    24/09/2007    24/09/2007    Mon     1320    1920
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 08:01:22 PM by Ploppy »

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 08:44:04 AM »
Hi Paul

The August XL flights to Chania have been changed too, but only the return (at the moment), which suits me fine. It gets me back home by mid afternoon.

george g...

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 11:42:37 AM »
Quote from: George
Hi Paul

The August XL flights to Chania have been changed too, but only the return (at the moment), which suits me fine. It gets me back home by mid afternoon.

george g...

XL Cancelled my flights from Newcastle to Chania after I'd booked with them. Luckily they did this early and I had time to rebook a very much cheaper and preferred flight with BA from Manchester - which was not available at the time I made my original bookings..

The XL letter to me also said they had cancelled "for commercial reasons" and put an alternative flight on their letter which was exactly the same time/place - but still giving me an option to cancel !!. I could not understand what they were playing at but I wanted to cancel that flight anyway for the BA flight. They still show Newcastle to Chania (2007) on their website but one cannot book any of those flights if one tries. I was thinking about XL for Newcastle to Heraklion in 2008 but am a bit worried about their sudden cancellations for "commercial reasons"

John R

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/groundy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 08:00:42 PM »
Hi Paul

george g...
Hi George I am booked to fly on the 10th of August I have heard nothing yet except confirmation of extra leg room I booked.Did they tell you it had changed or did you find out yourself? regards  Alex G
MAKE SURE YOUR MEMORIES ARE NEVER GREATER THAN YOUR DREAMS.

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007, 08:01:38 PM »
Hi Paul

george g...
Hi George I am booked to fly on the 10th of August I have heard nothing yet except confirmation of extra leg room I booked.Did they tell you it had changed or did you find out yourself? regards  Alex G

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 08:03:36 PM »
Quote from: Alex&fran G
Hi Paul

george g...

Sorry hit the button twice. alex

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 07:36:38 AM »
Hi Paul

george g...

We are also booked on the Gatwick to Chania flight at the end of August and have had notifcation both by telephone and letter that the inbound flight time has changed.  Outbound is at 05:00 and the inbound is now 11:45 (local).

Pete & Dawn

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 08:05:44 AM »
Ditto... they've also changed their website times too, to suit.

Thanks Pete!
Considering your having a day off, your up early.

george g...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 09:05:49 AM by George »

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 09:28:18 AM »
Hi

There are now 2 Gatwick flights to Xania on a Tuesday, the XLA584V which gets into Hania at 10.45 and the XLA5014 which gets in at 16.15.  It's worth knowing that on the XLA584V you have to pay extra for meals.

Dave

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 08:27:33 AM »
Quote from: Ali & Dave
Hi

There are now 2 Gatwick flights to Xania on a Tuesday, the XLA584V which gets into Hania at 10.45 and the XLA5014 which gets in at 16.15.  It's worth knowing that on the XLA584V you have to pay extra for meals.
Dave

I have every intention of having some breakfast at Garfunkals, so maybe they'll leave me alone on the plane to get some kip.

Thanks Dave, if there is anything you guys need, don't hesitate to ask!
Probably better to PM, remember the 'beer mat' scenario. I think Pavlos is still getting them!

george g...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 08:36:15 AM by George »

Offline karen&andy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »
Hi

Dave

I have every intention of having some breakfast at Garfunkals, so maybe they'll leave me alone on the plane to get some kip.

Probably better to PM, remember the 'beer mat' scenario. I think Pavlos is still getting them!

george g...

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 09:33:31 PM »
Quote from: karen&andy
Hi

Dave

george g...
Received my tickets this morning for the 10th of August this time it states :no meal: previously I had been told no meal but always offered one on the flight, the 10th of August still seems so far off on this damp misty night here in Scotland. cant wait  Alex

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 12:12:13 PM »
Hi

Dave

george g...
Received my tickets this morning for the 10th of August this time it states :no meal: previously I had been told no meal but always offered one on the flight, the 10th of August still seems so far off on this damp misty night here in Scotland. cant wait  Alex
I got mine last night and yes, mine says 'no meal' as well. see above quote  
25 and counting, not that I haven't been  

george g...

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 11:12:11 AM »
Hi

Dave

george g...
I got mine last night and yes, mine says 'no meal' as well. see above quote  
25 and counting, not that I haven't been  

george g...
Only 5days 14hours to go. Alex