Author Topic: Olive Grove  (Read 2970 times)

Offline bwian

• View Profile
Olive Grove
« on: May 16, 2012, 10:57:51 AM »
Anyone stayed at the Olive Grove appartments? We're staying there this year after problems with Olympic flights last year... :)

Offline Ian+?

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Olive Grove
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »
Hi, I have stayed there a couple of times in the last three years.

Overall a nice spot, with a terrific view over Plakias and the bay. It sits up behind the village and is usually sheltered from the worst of the wind when it blows. You get a good sense of space there despite one or two other small apartment blocks nearby. No road / traffic noise worthy of real mention either, just a small road that loops around and well behind to the properties further up the hill.

Not sure about the top floor apartments/studios but those on on the middle level have a wonderful shared terrace with sun loungers and a recently added wooden sun canopy if you should need the shade. The apartments are spacious, well furnished (maybe take your own sharper knife for fruit etc) and maintained and were serviced by the owners parents who live in the accomodation at ground level. Air conditioning was available on request, but I cannot recall whether there was an additional charge for this.

It is quite a steep walk up the hill for the last 100 metres, but it now is a cement roadway rather than the rough gravelly surface some of the old website pictures depicted previously.

I would say you made a good choice, hope you enjoy it.

Ian

Offline Chris H.

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 10:55:35 AM »
Breathtaking view! The walk back can be a killer after a few too many raki ;)  The old lady does not speak a single word of English. The year we stayed there we only met the lady that owns the place (her daughter) after 10 days.....I like a bit of personal contact with the people I am staying with....

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 11:18:20 AM »
I just had a peek on their website and checked all three of their accommodations. They ALL look magnificent by "Greek" standards - wish I could afford to stay in one of them!! Well plush.

Offline bwian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 11:19:32 AM »
Sounds great - looking forward to it :o)