Author Topic: Chania  (Read 5399 times)

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chania
« on: June 25, 2007, 01:20:02 PM »
Hi all

I'll be driving from Chania Airport this year for the first time, what are the road signs like from the airport to get you back onto the main highway and heading for Rethymnon?
It's just getting onto the main highway really, once I'm on it I'll be ok!

Thanks for any input  

george g...

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Chania
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 05:57:46 PM »
Quote from: George
Hi all

I'll be driving from Chania Airport this year for the first time, what are the road signs like from the airport to get you back onto the main highway and heading for Rethymnon?
It's just getting onto the main highway really, once I'm on it I'll be ok!

Thanks for any input  

george g...

I had a look on the road map. We went from the Chania Airport to Souda. From the airport there is only one mainroad to Chania.
All the buses of the travel agencies use this road. You have to drive towards Souda. You can not miss it and than you must use
the road No. E 75 until Rethymnon.
I am sure, you will get a detailled road map from your car rental.

Greeetings,
Kerstin

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chania
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 08:03:57 AM »
Thanks Kerstin

I've got a 'Road' map, but it all looks a bit messy up there, that's why I'm asking.

george g...

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Chania
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 11:28:05 PM »
George, it's pretty easy  

you go out of the car park and come to a junction, and it's signposted Xania ( IIRC it's a left turn) then basically follow the one road, after about five miles or so there is another left which will take you towards suda bay, this will lead you through the outskirts of the town to Suda Junction on the national

i'll be very surprised if you have a problem

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chania
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 08:14:55 AM »
Quote from: harribobs
George, it's pretty easy  

you go out of the car park and come to a junction, and it's signposted Xania ( IIRC it's a left turn) then basically follow the one road, after about five miles or so there is another left which will take you towards suda bay, this will lead you through the outskirts of the town to Suda Junction on the national

i'll be very surprised if you have a problem

I didn't think I would, if the signs were a bit iffy, it's a case of keep turning left.
I'm going to get lost sometime during my stay, so I might as well start at the beginning.  

Excuse my ignorance but what's IIRC ('If I remember correctly')?

george g...

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chania
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 08:53:10 PM »
IIRC, it's If I remember correctly, IIRC

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chania
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 09:30:26 AM »
Thanks Chris

Hope you guys aren't getting webbed feet up there!

george g...

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Chania
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 10:56:28 PM »
no flood problems here, i'm glad to say

last time there was a problem where i live was in 1927 (IIRC  , although i must add i wasn't around then)

the weather at the moment is very mixed, bright sunshine then rain, as a friend of mine says ..it doesn't know whether to have a s**t or a haircut

Offline Cat

• View Profile
Chania
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 11:33:46 AM »

last time there was a problem where i live was in 1927 (IIRC  , although i must add i wasn't around then)

the weather at the moment is very mixed, bright sunshine then rain, as a friend of mine says ..it doesn't know whether to have a s**t or a haircut

Your lucky! the river behind us broke it's banks last week and our back garden was under about a foot of water!! Beautiful weather for JULY!! Thank goodness for the holidays!  

Offline Greecemad

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Chania
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 09:24:45 PM »
Quote from: Cat

Your lucky! the river behind us broke it's banks last week and our back garden was under about a foot of water!! Beautiful weather for JULY!! Thank goodness for the holidays!  

Where I work (near Sheffield!) we were lucky. I work on an industrial estate and we are at the highest part of it. The road in the bottom was under 4 foot of water, and several businesses were flooded twice (the first time while I was still in Plakias!).

Greecemad