Tasomanolis
Submitted By: Ploppy Date: August 12, 2007, 03:52:27 PM Views: 1067

Rating: This article has not been rated yet.
Comments
Mike from Sussex
Regulars

View Profile Email
October 10, 2008, 01:24:09 PM
Ate here once. I had the special of the day, which was fresh snapper. Very tasty and served with chips and some salad garnish. Was given a raki and a small plate of grapes at the end, but the bunch had been served before and a lot of empty stalks were showing. Waste not, want not, but the use of a small pair of scissors would improve the presentation. For the menu generally, the sign outside says it all –

Fish Restaurant
also Greek food
cottampat

View Profile WWW Email
September 19, 2007, 10:19:16 PM
During our week in Plakias, we visted five restaurants and Tasomanolis seafood restaurant was our favourite, so much so we went there again on our last night.  On our first visit, we both had Shrimp Saganaki and the mixed fish grill.  On our second visit, I had fish soup for the main course and my wife had swordfish.  Even though the restaurant was very busy on both nights, they made sure a clean table was set, and immediately directed us to it.  All our meals there were excellent.  The staff were very welcoming, and they made a point of enquiring if the food was to our satisfaction.
Noopsy
Sponsors

View Profile Email
August 23, 2007, 04:25:36 PM
O Tasomanolis = Sunset, and you can certainly enjoy watching the sun going down while having your meal at this restaurant.

I was generally addressed in English although I only spoke Greek; on my arrival the waiter greeted me, "How are you?"  What the @*%$# did he care!  That was a good start.

For starters I had a koukoubakia.  This was basically a tomato salad served on crispy bread and garnished with feta.  It was very nice, very unusual.  I softened the underlying bread with lashings of oil and vinegar but others might prefer it crunchy.  

My main dish was a barracuda fillet served with rizotto and some green veg.  It WAS nice but there wasn't a lot of it, and for a fillet it had not a few bones.  I washed it down with a Mythos.

As I waited for my bill I heard someone on the next table complaining to the waiter that the fish was dry.  Oh dear.

The bill arrived with a raki, and came to €15.40.  I didn't think that my meal was good value for money, and this was the only restaurant where I left the table still feeling hungry.