Author Topic: Olympic  (Read 6036 times)

Offline ladyp

• View Profile
Olympic
« on: February 06, 2008, 02:58:16 PM »
We tried to book at Christmas for Plakias with the only tour company that goes from Glasgow, it seems. Costas Chrysoula as always. No chance for July. No seats! We've never had that problem booking so early. No seats for any date for weeks around our date.
So we searched Expedia and got two seats on the same flight we'd usually travelled on.  Costas has booked us in too - we emailed them ourselves - so we'll be back again to celebrate our nine years in a row!
We are on 'Delaney's Donkey' to Plakias so if anyone can recommend a taxi company we might contact before we go to book from the airport, we'd be grateful. Hear dreadful stories of people booking, paying but the taxi never shows, though we've never heard any about Crete, thank goodness.

Lady P

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Olympic
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:12:40 PM »
Quote from: ladyp
We tried to book at Christmas for Plakias with the only tour company that goes from Glasgow, it seems. Costas Chrysoula as always. No chance for July. No seats! We've never had that problem booking so early. No seats for any date for weeks around our date.
So we searched Expedia and got two seats on the same flight we'd usually travelled on.  Costas has booked us in too - we emailed them ourselves - so we'll be back again to celebrate our nine years in a row!
We are on 'Delaney's Donkey' to Plakias so if anyone can recommend a taxi company we might contact before we go to book from the airport, we'd be grateful. Hear dreadful stories of people booking, paying but the taxi never shows, though we've never heard any about Crete, thank goodness.

Lady P

Click on Article System, then on taxis and check out the details for Zach.

Mike

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
Olympic
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 05:06:03 PM »
Are you asking do Olympic still go to Plakias? I hope so as we have had our June holiday booked to Costas since.....last June! I get the impression that now Kosmar have pulled out package places are selling out fast, and the price is rising. There appears to be very little choice left for early June at Costas, only larger room(s) available, maybe other places are the same?
I wonder if Plakias will be its usual quiet self in early June, or has it become more popular?
Ah well, only four months to go, mine's a Mythos, efkharisto poli.

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Olympic
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 01:50:35 PM »
Having stayed at Kostas Chrysoulla twice, I was under the impression that Olympic took a percentage of the rooms (possibly >50%) but that there was a sizeable proportion for the "independent" market (as well as non UK bookings).

It doesn't surprsie me that Olympic is booking up early now that Kosmar has departed. I just wish another tour operator would come in to improve the accommodation choice for those wanting to go by this route.

On another topic, it's good to see Harribobs back. Did you hibernate in January, Chris?

Mike

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Olympic
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 12:48:39 PM »
i doubt if it's as high as 50% (but i'm guessing of course) probably due to all the number of people you see eating breakfast in the bar

Quote from: Mike G
On another topic, it's good to see Harribobs back. Did you hibernate in January, Chris?

Mike

busy, busy, busy, mike....  nice to know you missed me  

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Olympic
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 01:11:33 PM »
We all know how much fuel has gone up in price and the £ has fallen against the €. I costed my Olympic 2008 Plakias holiday against the 2009 prices which have just been released and find that the increase is 70%. I wonder what the increase will be for the "independents" and doubtless this will unfold on the forum over the months. I'm likely to pay the vastly increased prices but suspect that many on a tighter budget won't be able to.

It sounds from another thread that in the Netherlands there is a better choice of package tour accommodation than we get in the UK. Lucky them!

Mike

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Olympic
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 04:13:40 PM »
I wonder what the increase will be for the "independents"
Mike

I've just had a look at flights for September 2009 - which would be ok for us and there seems little if any change right now. Another reason for increase is the devaluation of the pound agains the Euro which will have taken place between brochure prices set for 2008 hols and 2009 hols. That devaluation is of course there for independents as well.

John R

Offline LenG

• View Profile
Olympic
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 07:58:36 AM »
We all know how much fuel has gone up in price and the £ has fallen against the €. I costed my Olympic 2008 Plakias holiday against the 2009 prices which have just been released and find that the increase is 70%. I wonder what the increase will be for the "independents" and doubtless this will unfold on the forum over the months. I'm likely to pay the vastly increased prices but suspect that many on a tighter budget won't be able to.

It sounds from another thread that in the Netherlands there is a better choice of package tour accommodation than we get in the UK. Lucky them!

Mike

I'm not sure if you want to pay 700-800 euros for two weeks. We escaped to Germany for a cheap (310euro   ) return ticket including all taxes and booked an accomodation privately.

Or you must watch the internet often for reduces prices. Today I saw for the Panorama Studio two weeks, leaving vrijdag 15, 22 august for € 499,-.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Olympic
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 10:04:44 AM »
How long have Olympic had the Sofia hotel?
Just got mail from them so thought I'd take a look. They're definately expanding their choices!!

george g...