login

Christos
Submitted By: Ploppy Date: August 12, 2007, 04:22:06 PM Views: 938

Fish/Seafood themed taverna in a great spot down by the pier.
Only been once a few years ago so can't really remember it. Though Marge said the Shrimp Saganaki was great.

Rating: **** by 1 members.
Comments
Mike from Sussex
Regulars

View Profile Email
October 10, 2008, 01:25:04 PM
This year was our first experience of this place. Shrimp saganaki for starters, very good, but expensive. Suckling pig for main – three very thin slices with some potato and no salad garnish at all – again expensive. We can’t knock the food, but the presentation was rather lacking given the price point and left us underwhelmed, but I am sure some people will love it.
greekblue

View Profile Email
September 22, 2008, 05:32:26 PM
Only visited once during our stay in Sept. 2008 and that was enough! No house white and had to buy a bottle of Cretan wine which was ok but at €9 it should be! Food was average (plate of baby squid - chips extra) and very over-priced. Was by far the most expensive meal we had during the whole holiday so we too didn't leave a tip. (no freebies either)
Chris H.
Regulars

View Profile Email
August 07, 2008, 11:16:56 AM
Horrid!!!! bad service, poor food, big fight between boss and customers, 'I'll report you to the review' 'get out of my restaurant!!" people loudly complaining they had to wait so long for their food, the main meal of my wife and me where not served at the same time, badbadbad, don't go there...
JBMouse

View Profile Email
June 18, 2008, 04:11:19 PM
2008 report. Not impressed, same as Noopsy 500, meal less than average, no house white wine available, waited ages to be served, another wait for meal, extended wait for bill, no raki or cake, so only gave minimum tip.
Not recommended, despite the great position by the harbour.
Noopsy
Sponsors

View Profile Email
August 30, 2007, 07:28:24 PM
For starters I had a Greek salad, which was nice.

My main course was anchovies (I asked for whitebait but it was off)... just anchovies: nothing else came with them - no vegetables, no nothing - just a piece of lemon.  Like a plateful of chips.  The fish was OK but I needed the Mythos that I was having to wash it down.

I waited 1/2 hr. for the bill before finally calling someone over and asking for it.  It came to €12.80, and was not accompanied by a raki or anything else.  This is the only restaurant in Plakias where I deliberately left no tip.  I consider the place over-rated.
Rowena & Carl
Regulars

MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email
August 16, 2007, 11:37:34 AM
Oh yes Shrimp Saganaki is the best ever & I've tried loads believe me, also home smoked Fresh fish is wonderful too. It's a lovely setting to enjoy your food, we got engaged there so it's special to us. The only down side is Yanni forcing lots of Raki on us every time what a shame!!