Author Topic: Concert  (Read 2756 times)

Offline george g...

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Concert
« on: September 17, 2004, 08:46:40 AM »
Hi all
Can anyone tell me what the concert was all about on Tuesday 31.08 in the car park in the front of the Navaro? I asked around and all I got was that, there is a band in town and they are going to play. Well I sort of worked that one out for myself!
I get the impression that it might have been a local PR exercise as the organisers were handing out booklets with all the local contact numbers for the area’s accommodation. So if anyone needs any telephone/fax numbers or email addresses for any of the apartments, hotels or studios in the area. I’m your man.
george g...

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
Concert
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 01:46:43 AM »
From what I heard George, this was one of a series of cultural events which has been happening throughout the summer. There was a Raki evening the week after too - for 2€ a head! Pr & Mrs Ploppy enjoyed that one - you could tell by the look in their eyes the following day.
Good to see live Greek music and dance being performed, and I hope it will be happening next year too.

As for the booklet you mentioned, I thought it was a great idea - such a lot of places to stay on offer for all you independent travellers - although take care - the rooms are in the wider Plakias area, not all of them in the village itself, so be sure of the location before making a booking.
John - Ostraco

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Concert
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 07:19:56 PM »
From what I heard George, this was one of a series of cultural events which has been happening throughout the summer. There was a Raki evening the week after too - for 2€ a head! Pr & Mrs Ploppy enjoyed that one - you could tell by the look in their eyes the following day.
Good to see live Greek music and dance being performed, and I hope it will be happening next year too.

As for the booklet you mentioned, I thought it was a great idea - such a lot of places to stay on offer for all you independent travellers - although take care - the rooms are in the wider Plakias area, not all of them in the village itself, so be sure of the location before making a booking.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2419\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes the Raki festival in Kali Sykia was fun, lots of lovely people to talk to and of course lots of fresh Raki from the still to drink (and wine). Still don't know how I managed to get up for the boat trip the next day  

Heres a piccy...

[attachment=61:attachment]

The booklet is great, I have in front of me here now. The only thing missing is a map with accomodation location which was presumabley omitted on purpose for those who are not in the best of postions.

I was thinking of getting a map together and putting the locations on, between us we should be able to place most of them. I do have a map already that has some of the further flung accomodation marked, so that'll be off to my friend with a scanner soon!

Both the Booklet and local map are available from Moto Auto Plakias.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline george g...

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Concert
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 10:01:11 AM »
Hi All
Regarding the booklet, I had a look at the website on the back and it duplicates everything that's in the book, so if you haven't got the book go to www.plakias-filoxenia.gr and it will give you all the info except the 'actual' locations.
Agree about the map though, I tried to do one a while ago but it got a bit complicated we need something simple.
george g...