Author Topic: Anna Appartments  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Gillyss

• View Profile
    • Email
Anna Appartments
« on: July 10, 2003, 09:03:19 PM »
I've been browsing the web and found Anna Appartments that look lovely - sorry to say I'm a bit of a wuz and not very good at simple and basic.  Does anyone know if it's very far from the town - the pics certainly look like a car drive away.  Also can any other recommendations for self catering in Plakias also can anyone recommend flights from luton/stanstead?  is it best to book independently.
Website is great, best I've come across, informative and friendly

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Anna Appartments
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2003, 10:44:50 PM »
Anna apartments are at Mirthios which is a small village located in a stupendous location overlooking Plakias. The Village itself has very good tavernas - often frequented by people coming up from Plakias to eat - the little train when working comes each evening. It is not a particularly long but a very steep path between Mirthios and Plakias (none driveable). Otherwise it is a short car drive down the windy road to Plakias (5 minute drive). Unless you are very energetic I don't think you will want to walk to/from Mirthios to Plakias on say every day for meals / entertainment /beach and you would need a torch etc. in the evenings. The path is steep if you are at all infirm. We have walked it many many times but I would not choose that way of building up my appetite for every night of my holiday. There are plenty of taxis of course. The above are the facts but I would not want to put off anyone staying at Mirthios as it is a beautiful place and the views down to Plakias bay are stunning.

People other than myself are better qualified to recommend self catering within Plakias. There is plenty from which to choose. When we were thinking of going independent in October 2004 (now using First Choice / Stella Pension - cheaper) then we were going to look up (in October 2003) the new Medousa Apartments above the Medousa Tavern (which we frequesnt) - and a few others for comparisan.

Not sure about flights from Luton but there are direct Charter flights from Stanstead (and Gatwick) and East Midlands. Only Charter flights fly direct to Crete - and you can book flight only passage with most.

John R

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Anna Appartments
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2003, 08:29:43 AM »
I too have looked at the Anna apartments as they do very nice although we were put off by the fact you really need a car. If you have a look at http://ansotravel.com which is the local travel office in Plakias, they have a good selection of accommodation. If you still don't see what you want they are happy to talk to you about your needs and recommend other places not listed on their website. We did this last year when we were let down with our accommodation at the last minute. Havn't checked yet but if you have included your email address in your profile, I have accommodation details including photo's, which Anso sent us last year and I will email them to you.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 02:20:20 PM by Andy »

Offline Allan Barham

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Anna Appartments
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2003, 10:10:57 AM »
Half a mo folks - there are two Anna Apartments.  There is the one in Myrthios described above and there is the other one located between Medousa and the Youth Hostel.  I wonder which one you are asking about Gilyss?

We stay every year in the latter and find that it suits us very well.  It is located on a quiet back road within a few minutes walk of all the shops and restaurants in Plakias - indeed I go to the bakers each morning to fetch fresh bread for breakfast while Fran is having her shower.  Anna is a charming lady who speaks perfect english and likes to greet her guests personally although she lives and works as a judge in Rhythimnon.  The housekeeper is Amalia who keeps the place spotless and although her english is a bit basic always has a ready smile and nothing is too much trouble for her.  The rooms are arranged in two blocks with a central courtyard and all have views of the mountains behind Plakias.  We shall be going again in September and as always Anna and Amalia will greet us as long last family and insist that we join them for cakes and raki before we unpack!  Highly recommended - you will find more details on the http://www.interkriti.org site.

As to eating places you are spoilt for choice.  I personally prefer the smaller family run establishments - Medousa, Sirroko, Kastro, Secret Nest and so on where you can eat really well and linger after the meal for as long as you wish.  Be aware though that most of these smaller tavernas do not take credit cards.

Best Wishes,

Allan
« Last Edit: July 11, 2003, 02:20:47 PM by Andy »