Author Topic: Kids learning English  (Read 2916 times)

Offline Jeff Winchell

• View Profile
    • http://winchell.org
    • Email
Kids learning English
« on: February 09, 2008, 01:28:26 PM »
It looks like my next trip to Plakias will be my first not staying at the Youth Hostel. I have a 2 year old son who lives in Germany, and if I can't bring him to America to see my relatives this year, my 2nd choice is to Plakias during May (when I all the youth hostel regulars I know will be there).

Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay at which has plenty of English speaking children (and preferrably little or no German speaking ones). The last point is because he needs to be in a place where he won't have any luck trying out German words. I also prefer a place with a pool for him, while still being in town, so it would seem Allanthios is the only place. But if the German issue is a problem there, then we'll skip the pool.

Sorry if this seems anti-German, but I just don't see the point of finally getting a vacation with my son away from his home if all I'm going to do is speak German with Germans. I can do that at home.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 01:35:01 PM by Jeff Winchell »

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Kids learning English
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 07:35:17 PM »
Quote from: Jeff Winchell
It looks like my next trip to Plakias will be my first not staying at the Youth Hostel. I have a 2 year old son who lives in Germany, and if I can't bring him to America to see my relatives this year, my 2nd choice is to Plakias during May (when I all the youth hostel regulars I know will be there).

Can anyone recommend a hotel to stay at which has plenty of English speaking children (and preferrably little or no German speaking ones). The last point is because he needs to be in a place where he won't have any luck trying out German words. I also prefer a place with a pool for him, while still being in town, so it would seem Allanthios is the only place. But if the German issue is a problem there, then we'll skip the pool.

Sorry if this seems anti-German, but I just don't see the point of finally getting a vacation with my son away from his home if all I'm going to do is speak German with Germans. I can do that at home.

Hello,

if you have a look... I am from Germany.
I know we have so called "preschools" or better "Kindergarten" in Germany and I am sure your son can learn English there.
The children speak German and learn English, both together. I think this a good and easy way to learn an foreign language.

Kerstin

Offline Jeff Winchell

• View Profile
    • http://winchell.org
    • Email
Kids learning English
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 08:59:52 PM »
Quote from: Kerstin
Quote from: Jeff Winchell

Hello,

if you have a look... I am from Germany.
I know we have so called "preschools" or better "Kindergarten" in Germany and I am sure your son can learn English there.
The children speak German and learn English, both together. I think this a good and easy way to learn an foreign language.

Kerstin

I'd like to keep this thread limited to the topic of finding a good hotel in Plakias for a 2 year old where there's plenty of English speaking around, and not devolve to the topic of English in Germany.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 09:03:33 PM by Jeff Winchell »