login

Author Topic: where to stay  (Read 8099 times)

Offline rikits

• View Profile
where to stay
« on: August 21, 2004, 10:42:09 AM »
Hi guys hope you can help me I want to go to Plakias next year with my husband and two boys (ages 7 & 10) could you give me some ideas of the best hotels/appartments to stay in, would a package tour be best (if I can find a company that goes there!), my parents go every year so will probably make their own way there.

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 02:20:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Rikits.

Last year there was quite an interchange on tour operator versus independent for which I give the link.

http://forums.plakias.co.uk/index.php?show...=tour++operator

I think it is a matter of personal preference; however, it seems that tour operator is cheaper in low season whereas which is cheaper in high season is more debatable. A significant cost if going independently is the airport to Plakias transfer. If you intend to hire a car and use this for the transfer this can alter the balance. Also the choice of accommodation is obviously much wider by booking independently.

Hope you enjopy Plakias, however you get there.  

Mike

ps. I'm sure there is an easier way of adding a link- perhaps the forum administrator could enlighten me.

Offline fraoula

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2004, 12:11:04 PM »
Hi there Rikits kosmar holidays will be featuring Plakias for next year look out for there brochure in a couple of months!(2nd edition). I have a son aged 5 and would recommend the Neo alianthos gardens which features in the olympic brochure it's great for familys and central.
where ever you choose you're sure to have a great holiday!!
    website for alianthos-  htt://www.alianthos.gr/
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 03:32:05 PM by fraoula »

Offline fraoula

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2004, 04:50:13 PM »
[attachment=43:attachment]
Neo alianthos gardens which features in the olympic brochure it's great for familys and central.

Offline LoukaFran

• View Profile
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2004, 08:21:38 PM »
The pool looks great but do not forget to mention that it is right next to a parking area...Perhaps great for some but not for me!

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2004, 11:37:03 PM »
Mike,
To add a link, use the ADD REPLY button.
When typing the message, get to the place you want to insert the link, then click the http button - first one in the line above the message window, then key or paste in the URL. Press OK
Then enter the expression you want - like CLICK HERE and OK again.
That's it!
Ostraco
PS  - you can't do this from the Fast reply link, only the Add reply one
« Last Edit: August 23, 2004, 11:38:32 PM by ostraco »
John - Ostraco

Offline fraoula

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 11:05:04 AM »
The pool looks great but do not forget to mention that it is right next to a parking area...Perhaps great for some but not for me!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes your absolutely right- not being a car lover myself, I can see how that might put someone off and I must say I was pretty surprised to see on my short visit to plakias last year how the amount of traffic had increased. The square was absolutely jam packed with cars and all the way up the main street of Plakias both ways. I suppose I noticed it more so, visiting from a small Greek village on the Akrotiri where you see three or four cars a day! But the there was definatley more cars on the road in Plak, than when I was living there.  However I'm not going to let it put me off!!  Living in a car orientated city   where main roads outside everyones houses are the norm, a small carpark next to the hotel for me is a very small price to pay(that is of course just from our point of view!) Is there some where to park my Ass?(Donkeys are much more eco  ). There is another company that goes to plakias they're an Independant tour Op (so they don't go through travel agents and are not mainstream) called Cachet Travel;[a href=\"http://www.cachet-travel.co.uk/mainframe.htm] Click Here[/url] You can book a package( and here's talking about automobiles) you recieve a complimentary car and I believe their accom in plakias is located back from the coastal road to souda beach and they also have a 4bedroom villa with own pool 13km from Plakias in Agouseliana which probably just has a driveway!  . We travelled with cachet last year- the company has its head screwed on and to the majority of their resorts it's a taxi/minibus transfer. When arriving at the accom there was a HUGE complimentary welcome food pack waiting for us and all the basics you need in your fridge (ok it might not be essential to some) but for us arriving with a hungry little monster  it was great! The rep gave us his mobile no. for goodness sake-in case we needed  him!!
You wouldn't believe how relaxed he was, he said working with Cachet was the most complaint-free reps job he'd had. I think that says alot...
 Didn't there used to be a campsite in Plakias  ?.............
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 09:23:15 PM by ostraco »

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 12:32:08 PM »
Useful info but a bit beyond our budget   The 'complimetary' car makes a big difference of course but we usually only hire a car for a day or two - exploring on foot   whe we're feeling energetic. Speaking of which .. another plug for the Walking in the Plakias area site, mentioned in the topic - Hiking. Walks in the Plakias Area
An excellent site.

** Only 10 days to go! **  

Offline fraoula

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 12:47:36 PM »
[attachment=50:attachment][attachment=49:attachment][attachment=47:attachment] I used to stay here in the Panorama apts always used to stay in the block on the right hand side. They're owned by Maro&Giorgious Baradakis who are very friendly and welcoming  . You have smashing views from here of Plakias bay (most rooms have a view). Its also very quiet. There's also a comunal terrace that overlooks the bay. B&B or self catering
the rooms are quite spacious and kept clean by Maro herself! The apts are in a high location and the last 50mtrs are on a steep incline so not recommended for those with walking difficulties and a torch is worth while. I'm pretty sure you still need to book direct (they do have a website just put panorama plakias into search engine) not sure how much they charge now
 we used to get it half price which was a few pounds a day! But considering that was six years ago. Has anyone else stayed here? Do you know how much it costs now?

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 09:24:40 PM »
Yes Fraoula, there was a thriving camp site in Plakias a few years ago - Appolonia, which had a nice pool and bar.
It's still there, on your left just as you enter town, but sadly neglected.
John - Ostraco

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2004, 07:54:50 AM »
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2232\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Er left  

Perhaps we are talking about some place totally different but I thought on the right (as you enter) .  

John R

Offline fraoula

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2004, 09:07:40 AM »

Er left  

Perhaps we are talking about some place totally different but I thought on the right (as you enter) .  

John R
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2237\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

AAHH yes I remember now, a bit overgrown- I do believe it is on the right, isn't it??

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2004, 09:07:49 AM »

Er left  

John R
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=2237\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes it is on the right (John was walking backwards  ) For the last 3 years we have stayed at the Nikos studios which were directly behind the Appolonia. As John says it is sadly neglected although I have seen a couple of camper vans and a few people in there. How they survive I don't know, a shame because it seems quite a nice sopt there.

Paul

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
where to stay
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2004, 12:05:32 AM »
OK OK  - I can't tell my left from my right.
John - Ostraco

Offline eejit

• View Profile
where to stay
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2004, 12:27:55 AM »
Stayed at the campsite early nineties me and the other. It was alright; middling as these things went at the time. Might even have some pix; wonder where that shoe box has gone. It is (was) on the right as you come down the hill into town if I have any memory worth having (okay, its on the moon   ).

I suppose the little beach around from damnoni is still full of green [censored] umbrella arrangements? It was so nice before the umbrellas! Is Akti there on Damnoni? Couple of years before the megahotellandenarriven I left my wallet there went back a couple
of hours later it was still there where I left it on the table nothing missing. The plank still there; ha ha the plank ...