Author Topic: Plakias at Christmas  (Read 2176 times)

Offline TonyH

• View Profile
Plakias at Christmas
« on: December 28, 2014, 01:11:55 PM »
Now the silliness is over for another year.  I must be turning into a "bah Humbug" type? But with all the hype starting in October it drives me mad sometimes. So, decided to look into the possibility of spending Christmas in one of our favourite places!!

I realise flights could be a stumbling block from "up North" but am willing to try (almost) anything.  Also would Chania be a better bet than Heraklion? Transfers would be problematic.  Mmmm am I talking myself out of this idea?? 
Anyone with any thoughts, ideas etc would help.

Thanks in anticipation.

Tony  ;D ;D

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
Re: Plakias at Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 11:28:39 AM »
I don't think you will get direct Heraklion from up here in the north during winter. A bit of internet searching suggests that you will have to go via Athens, although I'm sure other interchanges are available.

My advice to you would be make sure your accommodation has heating.  We had a rather cold holiday in Crete in early May one year, and used the shower and getting into bed to get warm.

Keep an eye on the webcam. Some days it is achingly beautiful, but today the weather looks dramatic, so long as you are impervious to rain and wind.

Good luck with the planning, and let us know what you decide. I'd like to know how Plakias celebrates Christmas-time.

Arnaki

Offline JackieatUrbanAgenda

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Plakias at Christmas
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 12:43:33 PM »
Will check with a friend whose Mum lives in Chania. I think she used an EasyJet flight to Heraklion to get back just before Christmas but I am not sure how reliable these are as much will depend on whether they make money or not (and it was a few years ago).