login

Author Topic: Kosmar  (Read 29773 times)

Offline Steve Jones

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2007, 09:54:35 PM »
Hi Ali,

I hope that you get something suitable set up for you quickly for 2008.

Regards,
Steve

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 01:50:30 PM »
I E-Mailed Kosmar and they confirmed they have pulled out of Plakias.

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 02:09:43 PM »
Quote from: Mike G

Mike
At least we now know that 'tour companies' treat their employees the same as they do their customers  

george g...

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »
Quote from: George

Mike
At least we now know that 'tour companies' treat their employees the same as they do their customers  

george g...
It explains where all those graduates of the British Leyland School of Management went.

You know, the ones who use the mushroom method:

Keep everybody in the dark for as long as possible.  Then at the most inappropriate time, open the door, let the light flood in and blind them - then dump a massive load of s**t on their unsuspecting heads.

Oh, and don't forget to slam the door in their faces as they try to get out!
Chas

Stupidity is its own reward.

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2007, 01:44:01 PM »
Quote from: Chas
Keep everybody in the dark for as long as possible.  Then at the most inappropriate time, open the door, let the light flood in and blind them - then dump a massive load of s**t on their unsuspecting heads.
Even though I don't understand fully the reasons why Kosmar have pulled out (other than not making enough, or any, money on the holidays) I do think they deserve some credit for telling those who had already booked while there is time for them to make alternative arrangements. This is in marked contrast to First Choice three years ago.

Mike

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2007, 01:58:09 PM »
Quote from: Chas
Even though I don't understand fully the reasons why Kosmar have pulled out (other than not making enough, or any, money on the holidays) I do think they deserve some credit for telling those who had already booked while there is time for them to make alternative arrangements. This is in marked contrast to First Choice three years ago.

Mike
Fair do's - two cheers or just one?
Chas

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2007, 03:26:09 PM »
[/quote]
Even though I don't understand fully the reasons why Kosmar have pulled out (other than not making enough, or any, money on the holidays)

Mike
[/quote]

Possibly it is nothing to do with profits. XL seems to want to develop Kosmar into a full spectrum package tour operator and the low volume destinations won't fit that business model. Whatever, I agree that it was good of them to give plenty of notice (to the customers, if not Ali), even though the choices they offered me did not include cancellation and refund! They have given me a refund on request though.

Mike P

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2007, 11:51:35 AM »

Mike

I'm pleased to hear Kosmar are replying to some emails, I'm still waiting for a reply to an email I sent on Wednesday.

It would also be good if Kosmar got around to informing the property owners that they won't be coming!!

Thank you all for your support, I have a couple of irons in the fire and will keep you posted.

Ali

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2007, 01:56:18 PM »
Amazing that the people who rely on them to make a living are the last to hear.

Hope things work out Ali.

Paul.

Quote from: Ali & Dave
I'm pleased to hear Kosmar are replying to some emails, I'm still waiting for a reply to an email I sent on Wednesday.

It would also be good if Kosmar got around to informing the property owners that they won't be coming!!

Thank you all for your support, I have a couple of irons in the fire and will keep you posted.

Ali

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2007, 11:57:31 AM »
Ali (and Dave)

Just got back from a weeks training to hear the news that Kosmar have confirmed they are not going to Plakias.
We wish you all the luck in you job hunting.  
Peter&Dawn

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2007, 01:31:48 PM »
Quote from: Ali & Dave

Ali
I think that's dreadful, these people's lives depend on this business and to not let them know well in advance that they haven't got this income anymore is atrocious.

george g...

Offline jenny

• View Profile
Kosmar
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2007, 12:59:17 AM »
No more atrocious than utilising the rooms and then not paying for them at all - which happened with (I think it was) Libra in Lesvos the two years leading up to when we went.  And they only got about a third of the room price on the door which at the time worked out at c £16 a night - and only when they were occupied - no 'retainer' ....

Unlike Thomson, who had always paid their way, regularly, but insisted their chosen hotels upgraded and also made themselves exclusively Thomson - then just decided not to bother going to that particular resort any more.  I should think Doug Ellis's mother must have been spinning in her grave ......
Jenny

Naturist and Hell's Grandma

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2007, 08:24:56 AM »
So how many 'EX' Kosmar customers are going to join the 'Independants Club?'

I booked my room last week in case there's a rush!!

george g...

Offline Chas

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2007, 12:40:11 PM »
Quote from: George
So how many 'EX' Kosmar customers are going to join the 'Independants Club?' ....

Given a choice between DIY and Olympic .... two more members, here.
Chas

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Kosmar
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2007, 02:13:44 PM »
Quote from: jenny
No more atrocious than utilising the rooms and then not paying for them at all - which happened with (I think it was) Libra in Lesvos the two years leading up to when we went.  And they only got about a third of the room price on the door which at the time worked out at c £16 a night - and only when they were occupied - no 'retainer' ....

Unlike Thomson, who had always paid their way, regularly, but insisted their chosen hotels upgraded and also made themselves exclusively Thomson - then just decided not to bother going to that particular resort any more.  I should think Doug Ellis's mother must have been spinning in her grave ......
I think the "independents" will confirm that €30 is about the price they pay per day. I have always understood that the tour operators paid not much more than a third of this but did pay it all season (i.e their loss if the room was unoccupied). I have to confess that this isn't inside knowledge but what I have been told by other holidaymakers.

Mike
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 02:15:34 PM by Mike G »