Author Topic: Where is this?  (Read 4058 times)

Offline Doggie

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Where is this?
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:09:33 PM »
The year before last, we stopped at a Taverna on one of our travels off the beaten track. Haven't a clue where we were maybe North coast but there was some sort of stone altar at  the entrance (see the pics if I can upload them) and the sea was incredibly clear and like silk on the skin! Local Cretan families arrived by boat for Sunday lunch and a swim while we were there and it was very much a taverna for Cretans to frequent.

We tried to find it again last year and failed. So I'll be grateful if anyone who recognises the taverna can give us a location to follow up next visit in June! After all the snow and freezing temperatures, that can't come soon enough!

[attachment=704:Copy_of_...2007_012.JPG][attachment=705:cretepics2007_024.JPG][attachment=706:cretep
cs2007_017.JPG]

Offline Raymond

• View Profile
Where is this?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 05:09:04 PM »
OK I will do my best.The taverna is on the eastern side of the Apokoronas peninsular, the nearest small town/large village is Kefalas. Between Kefalas and Drapanos, there is a small village called Paleloni. Coming northwards from Kefalas toward Drapanos, turn right at Paleloni. This little road winds downward to the sea and at the very end of the road is the taverna. It is called Ombrosgialos.

Hope this helps.

Ray

Offline Doggie

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Where is this?
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 09:49:10 PM »
Quote from: Raymond
OK I will do my best.The taverna is on the eastern side of the Apokoronas peninsular, the nearest small town/large village is Kefalas. Between Kefalas and Drapanos, there is a small village called Paleloni. Coming northwards from Kefalas toward Drapanos, turn right at Paleloni. This little road winds downward to the sea and at the very end of the road is the taverna. It is called Ombrosgialos.

Hope this helps.

Ray
Raymond,

You're a star! We WERE in that area one day in June 2008 and we'll check it out again in June this year.
Many thanks
Doug