login

FLISVOS Rooms
Submitted By: George Date: September 07, 2007, 12:03:28 PM Views: 1096

Lcation:
Here on the Plakias Map

Stayed at FLISVOS Rooms (Indepently) this year (2007), and was pleasantly surprised.
Idealy positioned, right on the seafront, next door to the Lamon. Had the middle room at the front (3 of them nos 9,10,11), so had uninterupted views over the main road, the beaches and the whole bay, it was wonderful opening up the doors on the sizeable balcony at 07.00am every morning with these views to look at.

Normal if not slightly larger than normal rooms with all the usually expected. Twin beds (I had a double, you never know your luck), nicely fitted wardrobe and normal size bathroom with a shower curtain.
All facilities (ie drawers, wardrobes etc.) were well made and the standard was very good.
There are no cooking facilities but there is a fridge, a kettle and a coffee percolator. Added extras included FREE Air conditioning, Satelite TV, and a hair dryer.

Sheets were changed almost every 2 days which pee'd me off 'cause I had to keep making the bed

Only down side, is that if you like your fresh air and leave the internal doors open, it can get a bit noisy and the waves did actually wake me a few times as did the traffic.
And there are a lot of stairs!

Maria who runs the place is lovely (had great pleasure kissing her goodbye), and speaks very good English.

It's very clean and tidy and would not hesitate staying there again and would recommend the Flisvos to anyone.

Rating: One of the best rooms I have ever stayed in for it cleanliness and position and facilities, a big 9/10.

george g...

Rating: **** by 1 members.
Comments
Mike from Sussex
Regulars

View Profile Email
October 10, 2008, 01:31:18 PM
Forgot to say that we paid Euro 40 per night.
Mike from Sussex
Regulars

View Profile Email
October 10, 2008, 01:28:32 PM
Stayed for three nights at the end of our holiday. We had room 2 on the ground floor, overlooking the alley to the side of the building, with the balcony nicely screened by shrubs and a date palm.

The room was quite spacious, very clean, had a double bed (which squeaked badly!), air conditioning, a satellite t.v., hair drier, fridge and a coffee maker, but no cooking facilities and so no cups or spoons! A word with Maria soon produced the necessary, however.

Being there for three nights, there was no change of bedding or towels, but the towels were the fluffiest we have experienced in Greece, very nice indeed.

The room was much noisier than at the Paligremnos, but that is to be expected, given the location.

We doubt we will stay again, but that is purely because the facilities and location do not really suit us, but they may be just right for you and, if so, the Flisvos is highly recommended.
Peter&Dawn
Regulars

View Profile Email
September 13, 2007, 07:26:06 AM
We stayed at the Flisvos rooms from 28th August - 11th Sept.

I can confirm the comments from George.

We had one of the top rooms at the front (room 11) and was very pleased with the quality and cleanliness of the whole property. Everything worked, and there was never any shortage of hot water.

Our daughter had a single room on the ground floor (room 4) overlooking the garden, and again this was larger than we had expected.

The prices for next year will be available in January 2008, and we would not hesitate using Flisvos rooms again.

Pete&Dawn