Author Topic: Naturism at Plakias  (Read 7655 times)

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
Naturism at Plakias
« on: June 28, 2013, 04:16:39 PM »
After a lot of umpty comments on the Sun Beds thread, I feel I should make my feelings on this topic clear. We've just returned from 2 weeks in Plakias and used the far end at Plak, the left hand corner at Shinaria and, mostly, the Plak end of Souda. We saw fat people and thin, young and old, fit and not so fit. We saw one lady who had had a mastectomy, and an English guy who was so bad on his pins that a German on the next sun bed to him had to help his wife get him back to his sunbed on about 4 occasions. We saw gay couples and straight couples. On Plak far end and the naturist end of Souda the proportion of naturists varied from about 50% to 95% but there were always some dressed (I refuse to use the term 'textile' because it's divisive and that's not what I'm about) people. Everyone got on. Nothing sexual happened, in fact the atmosphere could almost be described as 'chaste'.
The Plakias naturist beaches have to be the most relaxed, least competitive beaches I have ever been on anywhere and long may they remain so. I can't wait to return.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Naturism at Plakias
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 04:34:23 PM »
Good comments, I'll be there soon. Can the far end cope with my body though!!

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 05:29:23 PM »
It seemed to manage mine, so I don't suppose you'll have too many problems. ;)

Offline Dave&Les

• AOL Instant Messenger - Dave&Les
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 06:01:59 PM »
Well said Barny & Draper....our sentiments exactly.
We'll be there in August.
 :)

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 06:14:15 AM »
Just as it should be. Thank you Draper. People enjoying the sun. Who cares what people are wearing or not wearing.

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 10:45:54 AM »
Well said Draper!

Tony
Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)

Offline Aphrodite

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 11:05:47 AM »
Quite right Draper - very sensible and balanced view.  I do agree with your dislike of the 'term' textile' too - it is very divisive and insulting.  Sometimes I am on the beach naked, sometimes topless and sometimes both halves of my bikini are in place.  People tend to fall off their sunbeds laughing whatever I do :-).  Glad you had a good holiday :-)

Offline shinaria

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - shinaria@aol.com
    • View Profile
    • http://www.reuters-design.de
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 10:59:10 AM »
We'll be back this summer!

Offline covboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 06:16:37 PM »
Quite right Draper - very sensible and balanced view.  I do agree with your dislike of the 'term' textile' too - it is very divisive and insulting.  Sometimes I am on the beach naked, sometimes topless and sometimes both halves of my bikini are in place.  People tend to fall off their sunbeds laughing whatever I do :-).  Glad you had a good holiday :-)

Why is the term 'textile' divisive and insulting? It has been around now for so long. The term 'naturist' I find insulting when people call me that. I'm a beach nudist. The term 'naturist' conjures up images of slightly odd people with 'alternative' lifestyle choices. Or of people who spend their weekends at sunclubs. Or who go naked rambling. I simply like swimming without a costume. And I hate sunbathing in a wet costume. So uncomfortable.

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »
I suspect that quite  a lot of people would find 'beach nudism' an alternative lifestyle choice practiced by slightly odd people. The best thing about Plakias beaches is that they are clothing optional and people in all forms of dress or none seem to coexist fairly comfortably.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 09:32:04 AM »
Enough now. Please change the subject?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline draper10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 12:21:06 PM »
Isn't the weather nice?  ;D

Offline covboy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 12:31:18 PM »
I suspect that quite  a lot of people would find 'beach nudism' an alternative lifestyle choice practiced by slightly odd people. The best thing about Plakias beaches is that they are clothing optional and people in all forms of dress or none seem to coexist fairly comfortably.

I seem to have touched a nerve. But you are well out of touch. It is now school holiday time here in Plakias and both Souda and Shinaria are now totally textile at the weekend because they are used by the locals and their families. Which is lovely. But it is simply not done to strip off. So much for your happy coexistance.
Perhaps for the moment draper10 you could explain to everyone why you find the term 'textile' divisive. And I don't think any sensible person equates going skinny dipping with 'an alternative lifestyle choice practised by slightly odd people'. That's just nonsense.
Going home tomorrow. So no more postings for a bit.
Sorry Barny. Now I've said my bit I'll shut up.

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 06:44:48 PM »
As I've said in the past, if yer don't like it, don't go, quite simple.

Offline Tony and Sandra Smith

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 10:00:34 PM »
Enough now. Please change the subject?

Barny.
How  everybody just think about a large cool glass of Mythos (other beers are also available) !!

Tony

Tony

With thanks to Ueuecoyotl, the Aztec God of Sex and Irresponsible Merrymaking (I've found my deity!!)