Author Topic: October ?  (Read 8876 times)

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
October ?
« on: March 29, 2020, 03:06:19 PM »
June holiday gone.

Looks like September holiday is also gone.

Let's hope that we are clear to travel byOctober, we can gat flights and that all our usual places are still up and running.

Don't know how late places stay open or when airlines stop flights but if we can go this year, then we make every effort to do so.

We need Plakias and they more than ever will need us.

Offline conway s

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: October ?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 02:04:55 PM »
Hope you are correct Daniel we lost our holiday to Plakias for the Greek Easter. All the people concerned with our holiday have been very kind, from Best cars at the airport they are carrying my booking over to October if all goes well. Also Maria and her son Gianni at the Helios apartments (part of the coop).
Easyjet who I was flying with have transferred our flights to October at the same price, so here is hoping.
We got cancelled last October because of Thomas Cook so very upset about not seeing the place for almost 2 years.
Let us all hope this deadly virus goes away and lets the world get on with our lives. 

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 10:03:36 PM »
We've found the same, everyone very accommodating, and not just to secure business either, I don't think. Just seem to take it in their stride.

Offline conway s

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2020, 02:18:48 PM »
I look at the webcam everyday from the Livikon and not a deckchair or umbrella and we feel choked at not being their. As you say I hope they are coping without the tourists unlike over here I am sure they wont have a furlough scheme. Let us all hope that they all survive the lack of customers. October cannot come quick enough I hope we are not being too optimistic. Take care everyone we know when we are out their and the ones we don't know. 

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2020, 06:45:50 PM »
But looking (longingly) at that webcam, it seems that there is a lot more activity in the town recently ?
Mostly cars and vans etc but more and more people are beginning to show up.
Hope they keep going this year.
It looks more and more likely that we will have to write off this years holidays in Plakias.
And hope to re visit again in late May 2021.

Offline conway s

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »
The wife says if we have to isolate when we get back she wont be going. We are both retired so don't see the inconvenience.

Offline ian s

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 07:34:58 PM »
Can’t think of anywhere better to be right now, but getting there is the problem.  Not so much the plane as the queues at security etc. not to mention the bus to/from the plane to terminal!

Booked for September.  Only missed 1 year out of 30 so fingers crossed.

Thoughts are with our friends in Plakias and of course it’s loyal visitors.

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 11:32:58 AM »
As for the 2 weeks' house-arrest - oops! sorry, quarantine on return, well worth it, I think. I only go out once a week for food in any case, I'll just buy a bit extra.

Offline conway s

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 02:25:08 PM »
I am with you Richard it takes me 2 weeks to get over my visit to Plakias anyway. I don't drink back home so let my hair down , normally at Joe,s so can give kidneys a rest on return. I do feel that the way it is going it will not be in force by then, or am I being too optimistic.

Offline daza

• Say "Hello" Theo!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2020, 11:33:43 AM »
My supplies of Ouzo/Tsiporo have been depleted !!! (and No12 just doesn't float my boat). I need Plomari!!! HELP.

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2020, 02:36:23 PM »
Hi Daza, like you I am concerhned for my Ouzo supply. I was luck to have been back to Lesvos last June and brought back at least 10 litres, plus I could buy Ouzo Mitiline and Barbagianni in Plakias, and even more in duty free at Heraklion (Aphrodite/Mini etc) so I thought I was good to get through till June and our next trip to Kalamata, but I am getting low now. Lidl has Greek week starting on 21st May, so I will test drive one of their bottles with a view to more if it is drinkable! Lidl are doing lots of yummy Greek food as well, including Bougatsa!!!
Yiammas to all

Offline Arnaki

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 12:44:15 AM »
Hi Daza and JB, Our ouzo supply is dwindling too. Thanks for the information about Greek week. I hope the world has recovered enough soon for us all  to safely travel and not infect each other, but in the meantime we must find our Greek experience where we can. Next year we will presumably be limited to Duty Free levels. But don't get me started on Brexit!

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 10:40:54 AM »
Today should have been our first day this year in Plakias, staying with George at Creta Mere.

Just hope that 12 months will let us go back to see them again.

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2020, 01:53:27 PM »
Looking at the web can there does not seem to be a lot of activity on the beach.
Any sun beds out yet ?
And are there many visitors in town ?
And what nationalitys are currently there ?

Still hurting from missing two visits this year.

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2020, 04:25:30 PM »
Me too, April and May to celebrate retirement! Ho hum.

End Aug and Oct booked, everything crossed, and who knows, it may be open for business again, and quiet might be nice but I very much hope not too quiet for the locals to recoup some of their lost income - must be a huge blow.