login

Author Topic: Many mozzies this year?  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Many mozzies this year?
« on: September 07, 2009, 08:50:25 PM »
Wondering whether to pack the anti-mozzie plugs. We've packed them in previous years but haven't really needed them. Has this year been any worse than previous years?

Offline trekdriver

• View Profile
    • Email
Many mozzies this year?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 02:30:53 AM »
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
Wondering whether to pack the anti-mozzie plugs. We've packed them in previous years but haven't really needed them. Has this year been any worse than previous years?
Hi Graham and Karen
We were in Plakias first two weeks of August and not a mossie to be seen.
It was quite windy though, which keeps them away.
The weather was unseasonably cool for August, which means it was absolutely great. Long trousers inthe evening but quite comfortable.
The Girls (old ones) got a couple of bites but I actually don't think they were mossies, so hopefully for you no mossies.
When I think about it after all the times I have been in Plakias I don't think I have ever been bothered by mossies.
Regards
Trekdriver

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Many mozzies this year?
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 05:05:48 AM »
Quote from: trekdriver
Quote from: Graham_and_Karen
Hi Graham and Karen
We were in Plakias first two weeks of August and not a mossie to be seen.
It was quite windy though, which keeps them away.
The weather was unseasonably cool for August, which means it was absolutely great. Long trousers inthe evening but quite comfortable.
The Girls (old ones) got a couple of bites but I actually don't think they were mossies, so hopefully for you no mossies.
When I think about it after all the times I have been in Plakias I don't think I have ever been bothered by mossies.
Regards
Trekdriver
Thanks Trekdriver  - one less thing to pack, then. I remember they were a pain in 2003/4 but not since then.