Author Topic: another question or two  (Read 4315 times)

Offline john&debbie

• View Profile
    • Email
another question or two
« on: May 15, 2009, 08:24:02 PM »
Hi all.
 Thanks for all the info so far. It does help with the planning, but at the same time its nice to not know everything and have some things to find out when we get there (does that make sense). After looking through the forum i cannot see it mentioned anywhere if there is a cash point or any where to cash travellers cheques. Help please. Also which are the best beaches within walking distance, and which are the best beaches to go to when the wind really blows.
John & Debbie

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
another question or two
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 08:33:24 PM »
Quote from: john&debbie
Hi all.
 Thanks for all the info so far. It does help with the planning, but at the same time its nice to not know everything and have some things to find out when we get there (does that make sense). After looking through the forum i cannot see it mentioned anywhere if there is a cash point or any where to cash travellers cheques. Help please. Also which are the best beaches within walking distance, and which are the best beaches to go to when the wind really blows.
John & Debbie

During the last two weeks we had no problems with the wind. Sometimes the wind was very strong and one hour later we had no wind.
We spent all days (without of one day due to rain) at the Far End.

Kerstin

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
another question or two
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 09:31:53 PM »
Hallo john&debbie,

There are a number of cash machines along the seafront, starting with one outside the Alianthos Beach Hotel.  They will also cash your traveller's cheques, as will one or two other places (which have signs outside to that effect) again along the seafront.

Noopsy

Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.results4u.co.uk
another question or two
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 09:48:19 AM »
Quote from: Noopsy 500
Hallo john&debbie,

There are a number of cash machines along the seafront, starting with one outside the Alianthos Beach Hotel. They will also cash your traveller's cheques, as will one or two other places (which have signs outside to that effect) again along the seafront.

Noopsy

When the wind really blows the best & only place to get away from it is a small bay on the way to Souda Bay just a the bottom of the very steep hill. It is a lovely queit cove although at weekends it does get busy with greek families. About 45 minute stroll from Plakias.

Rowena

Offline Trusty

• AOL Instant Messenger - quentinwithall+a
    • View Profile
    • Email
another question or two
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 03:06:55 PM »
Quote from: john&debbie
Hi all.
John & Debbie

I see severall people have answered your questions already. A good souce of help and information whilst you are in Plakias is Dave & Alli at the Village Store (or supermarket) which can be found in a side street to the right of the Tavernas on the seafront. Dave and Alli also sell some very good local wine on draft.

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
another question or two
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 06:04:03 PM »
who will reply?
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline Ploppy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hounslow Weather
    • Email
another question or two
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »
Go on then i'll bite Barny :-)

Trusty, unfortunately the Village Store is no more, see Ali's post here.

Quote from: Barny
who will reply?

Offline katowales

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
another question or two
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 09:20:32 PM »
Quote from: Ploppy
Go on then i'll bite Barny :-)

Trusty, unfortunately the Village Store is no more, see Ali's post here.

Quote from: Barny
who will reply?

Dave is working evenings in the Supermarket next door to were the village store was... I'm sure he can find time to help...

Offline john&debbie

• View Profile
    • Email
another question or two
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 04:40:29 PM »
Hi all
Thanks for the info, i can now take my cards with me.
Cheers
John & Debbie