login

Author Topic: Any recommendations  (Read 2816 times)

Offline kpooley

• View Profile
    • Email
Any recommendations
« on: February 21, 2020, 12:14:39 PM »
Hi coming back to plakias again after last visit in 2016. Any new places to try any updates on old ones.

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Any recommendations
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 08:11:23 PM »
Siroco (sure it used to be spelt with one 'r') back to its 'happy days'! Staff have a sense of humour too. Really like it. Lovely seafood

Most of the old favourites are still old favourites that haven't changed that much at all - suits me, that's why they're my old favourites!

My shopping list generally includes:

Gio Ma (favourite, just though, lots of competition!)

Manousos - now seems to have 'professional' staff serving, but I preferred unprofessional! Gave character.

Gorgona is the only one of the 'greenhouses' on the front I like, but I do like it a lot.

Aponema is great if you have a huge appetite, cooks with wood stacked at the side of the taverna.

Harakas now gone, shame, though it seemed to be a bit like Marmite in the feelings it evoked. I loved it, some certainly didn't though!

Cheers, Richard

8 weeks, 6 days to go, not counting, honest!

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 11:33:20 AM »
Nearly all are favorites, but can concur with others that Sirocco is very good, but do try Ton Kzoni down the side street to KC, it's next to The Cozy Backyard.

Offline DandC

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2021, 03:56:59 PM »
Hi - we usually go to Plakias Jun/July but this year has been different! Thinking to go Sep/Oct this year. Will all the tavernas etc still be open that late in the season? And what's it like weatherwise then? Cheers DandC

Offline ian s

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 07:26:01 PM »
I?ve been late September/early October many a time.  You may get a couple of unsettled days but generally the weather is still good and the sea wonderful for swimming.  Normally tavernas etc all still open but perhaps some may close earlier this year?

Offline Richard

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 09:13:42 AM »
Think we were lucky but two weeks in October last year were fantastic. We?ve had the odd day?s rain in late September previously, but May, and especially September, are our favourite months. Warmer evenings in September, midday sun a little less intense, sea beautifully warm.