login

Author Topic: Plakias 2006  (Read 3255 times)

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Plakias 2006
« on: October 03, 2006, 09:38:03 AM »
Plakias 2006 - Olympic 12.09 - 26.09
Best transfer yet, one stop in Bali and one in Rethymnon and we still made the transfer in 2 hours dead. Couldn't believe it when we turned south, after just an hour. Perhaps my gripeing last year paid off, but still no rep on the bus and none to meet the bus in Plakias. We were all giving written instructions as to how to get to the apartments with the intro pack and the newbies all looked confused, until I pointed them in the right direction.
The room at Dora was the same as last year; special requests on the order form do work!
I think I've got Morven to thank for that. She's still cute! even with a blue foot.
Tried the Cretan Roast Pork in Mousses, odd to say the least, and tried to sample as many new things as poss., in Souvlaki House, Harakas, Lysseous, Medusa, thanks to whoever recommended the spicy pork there, it didn't look very pretty when it turned up, but was that good or what, and was really tempted to have another portion. Even got to the Castro by accident one lunchtime, had the place and the view all to myself. Thanks for the recommendation John.
Levicon and Dionysis made for the usual pleasant evenings, (and no SL's) and the welcome that most of us get in our 'locals' every year were much appreciated.
Heavy winds for the first few days, but bright and sunny for most of the time but got some tremendous rains in the last few days. Great fun driving around Amari in a storm. 4 x 4's have their uses.
Had a few days out around the middle, I popped a disc in my back and spent three to four days taking orders from the only Physio in the village. Many thanks to Ali and Dave for pointing me in the right direction.
Could have done with it being a lot warmer but I was two weeks later this year.
Loved the new horses and carriage and the entertainment of the geese and the dog on the beach.
Overall? Brill, just might go back for more next year. OK, skip the 'might'.

george g...    
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 12:07:00 PM by George »

Offline sheryl

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sherylhume1
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Plakias 2006
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 09:56:40 PM »
Levicon and Dionysis made for the usual pleasant evenings, (and no SL's)
"SL's" - dont get it george???
sheryl

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Plakias 2006
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:50:15 AM »
Quote from: sherylhume1

saga louts  

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Plakias 2006
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 10:23:55 AM »
Quote from: harribobs
Quote from: sherylhume1

saga louts  
Nice to know that someone's awake and refreshed.

Welcome home Chris, sorry I missed you and Mandy. I did see you in Medusa one night, I was just finishing my meal and you'd just started on your Lamb chops, so I thought I'd catch you after I'd paid the bill, but you'd disappeared when I came out. It wasn't until I was half way across the road and looked back that I saw you'd moved over to the back to join a couple you said hello to when you came in.
I recognised you immediately so who was that women you were with.  
It was a chilly evening and I was the the really good looking guy all dressed in black  , slightly to your left.

george g...

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Plakias 2006
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 10:40:18 AM »
i'm not awake yet george!!  just coming to terms with working again

sorry to hear about your back mate, you should have come over, freddy and frieda would have liked to have met you as well

the man in black hey?

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Plakias 2006
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 10:50:35 AM »
the man in black hey?
Helps me blend into the background, probably why you didn't see me!

george g...