Author Topic: Hotel Lamon  (Read 4559 times)

Offline jaycy

• View Profile
    • Email
Hotel Lamon
« on: July 20, 2006, 08:51:26 PM »
Sorry to hear about the fire.
We are arriving on the 15th August for 2 weeks and stopping at the Lamon, we fly out from Birmingham.
We are really looking forward to the break.
Is anyone else on this forum staying at the lamon on those dates?
Can anyone tell me if there is a hole in the wall anywhere local?
26 days and counting.

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Hotel Lamon
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 09:36:03 PM »
Quote from: jaycy
We are arriving on the 15th August for 2 weeks and stopping at the Lamon, we fly out from Birmingham.
26 days and counting.

Jaycy

there are about three or four ATMs in town now, they don't all seem to be working at the same time but usually a couple of them are

personally i don't leave it too late before getting cash out but lots of tavernas take cards now

cheers

chris

Offline Peter&Dawn

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hotel Lamon
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 07:03:21 AM »
26 days and counting.

We are staying at the Lamon the same 2 weeks, but we are flying from Gatwick. I suspect we will probably be on the same transfer.

Hope to see you there.

25 days and counting.  

Offline jaycy

• View Profile
    • Email
Hotel Lamon
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 09:56:26 PM »
Quote from: harribobs
26 days and counting.

Jaycy

there are about three or four ATMs in town now, they don't all seem to be working at the same time but usually a couple of them are

personally i don't leave it too late before getting cash out but lots of tavernas take cards now

cheers

chris

Thanks for that Chris, I don't like taking lots of cash with me ( probably cos I haven't got lots of cash). ATM are fine
Cheers
John

Quote from: Peter&Dawn
26 days and counting.

We are staying at the Lamon the same 2 weeks, but we are flying from Gatwick. I suspect we will probably be on the same transfer.

Hope to see you there.

25 days and counting.  

I expect so, its quite a long transfer I believe.
It is our first time in Plakias, it looks to be just what we like in a Greek village. Relaxing and no drunken brits.
See you there.
John & Monica
20 days and counting.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hotel Lamon
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 10:54:10 AM »
Relaxing and no drunken brits.
See you there.
John & Monica
20 days and counting.

I believe the Saga louts like the odd tipple!!

Transfer times are about 2hrs 45mins, I haven't heard of any real bad ones yet!!

george g...

Offline sheryl

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sherylhume1
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Hotel Lamon
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 06:21:17 PM »
Transfer times are about 2hrs 45mins, I haven't heard of any real bad ones yet!!

the transfer to plakias was fine.  we got a split transfer.  bus from heraklion to rethymno, and a taxi (people carrier) down to plakias.  but coming back was a bit of a pain.  got told we were getting the bus to heraklion - which turned out to be the same taxi back to rethymno and were left standing on the side of the road waiting for a bus for over half an hour.

one couple had a problem on the first night - they got to plakias in a taxi at 3am (with no rep) and were kicking up hell in the pool bar at costas chrysoulla because there wasn't a key in there door and there wasn't anyone their to help them - but after i took there papers of them i realised that they were staying at costas chrysoulla ZORBAS APARTMENTS, so told them where to go but they weren't impressed.  
you take alot for granted after being there so many years - but for people there on there first visit not knowing where they are going and having no rep from rethymno onwards must be a bit worrying

for anyone going with olympic on a package deal - morvan was getting kinda confused before we left.  she said instead of getting your room number and information of the rep at the airport, they now wanted her to attach the information to the apartment doors (on the understanding that it didn't blow away) but neither her or myself could understand how you are meant to get the info of your apartment door when you dont know which apartment is yours????????i guess it will be fixed after its first week of disasters

george - i passed on your regards to morvan
sheryl

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hotel Lamon
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 10:00:55 AM »
'george - i passed on your regards to morvan'

She's probably heard I'll be arriving soon, so I can understand the poor girl being confused.
Perhaps I'll offer her a ...shoulder to cry on...

Thanks Sherl

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hotel Lamon
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 01:38:02 PM »
Quote from: sherylhume1
for anyone going with olympic on a package deal - morvan was getting kinda confused before we left.
Sheryl,

She is starting to panic I think as George's arrival gets ever closer. (Only jesting George!).

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hotel Lamon
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 02:39:32 PM »
Quote from: Mike G
Quote from: sherylhume1

for anyone going with olympic on a package deal - morvan was getting kinda confused before we left.
Sheryl,

She is starting to panic I think as George's arrival gets ever closer. (Only jesting George!).

Mike

I know that nearer the time the worse it's going to get Mike.  
I get the feeling that Chris and Mandy are saving themselves for a last minute onslaught.  

george g...  

Offline sheryl

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sherylhume1
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hotel Lamon
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 09:48:58 PM »
i'm sure she is looking forward to welcoming you back george
i also passed on regards to denis and georgia from the skilos club - he tried to explain the story

the confussion is with olympic, not morvan....dont think the big wigs understand the workings of a place like plakias where there isn't a rep on site
sheryl