Plakias > Plakias

Plakias Far end, what's there now (summer 2020)?

(1/3) > >>

Andrew:
I have just had a look on the web cam and can't see any sunbeds/parasols at the far end at all (maybe it's my eyes)? Does anyone know if any are there this summer? I can see a set of beds nearer towards the web cam but nothing further up.

Also, last year lots of small rocks and boulders were washed up along the shore line at the far end, making for tricky access to the sea. Does anyone know if they have washed away to make for a nice sandy walk into the sea? It was okay there is 2016 and 2017 but not in 2019.

Thanks (I'm still looking for deals this September but nothing is looking discounted yet).

Arnaki:
Hi Andrew,

There are sunbeds at the Far End, fewer than previously and distanced from each other.  When we were there they seldom became more than half full anyway, but hopefully for Plakias things will get busier.  6 Euros for two beds and an umbrella, 4 Euros for one.  There were very few UK visitors in Plakias when we were there at the end of July.

The sea edge is sandy again and better than last year, and the sea is shallow for much further than usual.

I hope you get your bargain! We travelled independently, Manchester to Chania.

Peter G:
Hi arnaki, pleased you had a nice relaxing week. We are still hoping to make it on 8th September,  Manchester to Chania jet2. In a way we wish we could have travelled earlier before the second wave but we decided to stick with our usual dates. How soon did you fill in your Greek travel form before your date of travel, and did they only send the code after midnight on the actual day, seems to be cutting it a bit fine? We aren't looking forward to travelling so far in our facemasks but know our beloved Plakias is well worth it. Any tips re the airports, flights etc? Yamas!

conway s:
Hi Peter, What is this code you mentioned to Arnaki I havn,t heard of this is there some kind of form to fill in before traveling. We are due to fly out to heraklion on the 8th October I seem to be missing something. Hate to miss Plakias on a stupid mistake.

Peter G:
Every traveller to Greece has to fill in an online form stating things like date of travel and where you will be staying. Apparently once this is accepted by the Greek authorities they send you a personal code at midnight on the date of travel. It sounds as though each family member or partner needs a code. This code must be shown at all airports including our own.
I havent actually seen the form yet as we dont travel till the 8th September but I was wondering when to fill this in.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version