login

Author Topic: caffe antonis  (Read 4244 times)

Offline Barny

• Regulars
  • Have I seen you in Kyma?
    • View Profile
    • Email
caffe antonis
« on: November 19, 2002, 08:51:18 PM »
I dont hear many people mentioning cafe antonis, the little place half way down the beach road, we love going there at lunch time, the view over the beach is amazing and the menu, even though a little restricted, is always freshly prepared and so tasty! Its ideal for a good feed and a few icy cold beers before setting off back down to the beach for more sun and sea! I have been going there for many years now and wonder what other peoples views on this nice place are?

Barny.
Fancy a Mythos?

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
caffe antonis
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 10:25:04 PM »
Like you Barny. I love the place.

It's always so relaxed there, and while I don't usually have lunch (unless the donut man is around!), often drop in to see Antonis on the way back from the beach.

I'm a big fan of the toasties - and they do a mean frappe too - if you like that sort of thing.

It's also the best place to watch the sunset!
John - Ostraco

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
caffe antonis
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 01:27:33 PM »
Hi all, it's nice to be back!
Antonis has always been our afternoon bar, there is nothing better than spending a long day on the beach then stolling back about 3 o'clock along the beach road and settling down waiting for that first ice cold mythos of the day. I can recommend the tuna salad or the, I think it's called efrarina (whitebait).
Antonis is a lovely guy and Nicos, who seemed to be taking over the place, is very friendly. I think it's the fact that the bar is very basic and the way the sun shines through the bamboo canopy gives it a very relaxed atmosphere, and yes I agree John the sunsets are amazing.
We've had a few probs lately so have not been having our annual fix of Plakias but we will be back, we miss the place something rotten.
George and Tina

Offline ostraco

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - bbaazz@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - FinikasUK
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to Plakias
    • Email
caffe antonis
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 12:06:46 AM »
Hey George!
So good to see you back!
Not tried the tuna salad yet - but I know about the ice cold mythos - hope we can share a drink next year!
John - Ostraco