login

Author Topic: Aretousa Appartments  (Read 9787 times)

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
Aretousa Appartments
« on: October 03, 2007, 05:41:42 PM »
We are just back from Plakias after a 2 week stay at the Kosta Chrysouslla apartments and I will give an update of the (marvellous) holiday later.

We are now looking to book for next year in late September and are looking at the Aretousa Apartments with Kosmar.
This will mean that we don't have to use the mad house that is Heraklion Airport.

Any one have any details/ has stayed at this accommodation?

We had a look round outside the Aretousa last week but did not see inside them.
They looked good from what we saw and are in a quiet area.

Offline DOTTY

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 07:24:31 PM »
Quote from: Daniel
We are just back from Plakias after a 2 week stay at the Kosta Chrysouslla apartments and I will give an update of the (marvellous) holiday later.

We are now looking to book for next year in late September and are looking at the Aretousa Apartments with Kosmar.
This will mean that we don't have to use the mad house that is Heraklion Airport.

Hi Daniel

If you want to go late September with Kosmar I advise you to book NOW. Especially if you fancy the Aretousa which we think are the best of the Kosmar Apartments.

Good Luck and enjoy

Dotty
Dotty

Offline harribobs

• Regulars
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - harribobs
    • View Profile
    • http://themanchesters.org
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 07:51:12 PM »

we found the airport to be quite calm in May but yesterday it was a total nightmare  

two luggage scanners to service god knows how many flights caused a mamoth queue that snaked around the interior of the airport with no organisation, no help from the airport staff or the reps (i was particularly annoyed about the olympic reps who were more concerned about their lipstick than helping)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 08:58:56 PM by harribobs »

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 08:44:31 PM »
Quote from: DOTTY

Hi Daniel

If you want to go late September with Kosmar I advise you to book NOW. Especially if you fancy the Aretousa which we think are the best of the Kosmar Apartments.

Good Luck and enjoy

Dotty

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 08:46:32 PM »
Quote from: DOTTY

Hi Daniel

Good Luck and enjoy

Dotty

Dotty;

Thanks for the information.

We have just booked for 2 weeks from Sept 23rd next year.

Offline compage

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.compage.com
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 11:06:06 AM »
Quote from: harribobs

we found the airport to be quite calm in May but yesterday it was a total nightmare  

two luggage scanners to service god knows how many flights caused a mamoth queue that snaked around the interior of the airport with no organisation, no help from the airport staff or the reps (i was particularly annoyed about the olympic reps who were more concerned about their lipstick than helping)
Chris, if you carry on like that you'll turn into a grumpy old man, just like me.
John Page

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 12:56:31 PM »
Quote from: harribobs

Thanfully, our experience was much better - very tedious but well organised.  procedure was:
Ask a rep and join the queue outside. Switch off brain.
After a while, let in (in batches) to join the queue for check-in. Switch off brain.
 Check-in, wait - just for the hell of it, join the queue for security - and so on ...

Offline holden

• View Profile
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 02:52:41 PM »

Hi Daniel
We stayed last week June 1st week July BRILLIANT owners very friendly, like you saw very quiet away from the hustle and bustle, lovely views of the mountains, try for Rooms 2, 3, 4------Tried to book for 2008 cant get in Have to go 1st 2week July so booking is of the utmost urgency Trevor and Dorothy Rooms very well furnished and spacious mozzy nets to windows and doors air cond extra

Offline Daniel

• View Profile
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 05:25:48 PM »
Quote from: holden

Hi Daniel
We stayed last week June 1st week July BRILLIANT owners very friendly, like you saw very quiet away from the hustle and bustle, lovely views of the mountains, try for Rooms 2, 3, 4------Tried to book for 2008 cant get in Have to go 1st 2week July so booking is of the utmost urgency Trevor and Dorothy Rooms very well furnished and spacious mozzy nets to windows and doors air cond extra

Thanks for that

Booking now in for last week Sept/1st week Oct 2008 with Kosmar.

Hope it's as good as you say it is.

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 10:24:13 AM »
Just booked two weeks here from the 9th September, so hope the place is as good as it sounds.

Going through Chania, so hope to avoid all the Heraklion experience. Last time we went through there was 2000 and it was hell then!

Last year we did have some queuing outside the Chania terminal, but it was under the shade of a large overhang and also just after the introduction of the emergency security measures and actually a better experience than coming out from Gatwick.

George, we are on an XL flight. Do I remember correctly that flight numbers ending in V indicate no meals? Thanks,

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 01:16:07 PM »
Quote from: Mike from Sussex
George, we are on an XL flight. Do I remember correctly that flight numbers ending in V indicate no meals? Thanks,
Hi Mike

To be honest with you I haven't got a clue. Your best bet is to go to the XL website and try to book a flight similar, if not the same as yours.

There was some information about meals on the right hand side of the page, IRC.

george g...

Offline Mike from Sussex

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 02:31:17 PM »
Quote from: George
Hi Mike

To be honest with you I haven't got a clue. Your best bet is to go to the XL website and try to book a flight similar, if not the same as yours.

george g...

Thanks George. I have tracked down the thread, which is on Excel changing/cancelling flights, in the Holiday Companies section.

Looks like V does equal no meals (I wasn't offered the choice of paying extra) so it looks like an early breakfast in Garfunkels or Maccy D before our 7 AM flight. I bet that time gets changed before September in any event!

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 03:09:56 PM »
Quote from: George
Hi Mike

george g...

Thanks George. I have tracked down the thread, which is on Excel changing/cancelling flights, in the Holiday Companies section.

Looks like V does equal no meals (I wasn't offered the choice of paying extra) so it looks like an early breakfast in Garfunkels or Maccy D before our 7 AM flight. I bet that time gets changed before September in any event!

Mike

I wish you luck Mike, I had a 05.00am flight, first one out of Gatwick and there was only one cafe open. Garfunkels and Yates bar don't open until 04.00 so you should be OK unless they change your flight time  .

george g...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 01:40:58 PM by George »

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 01:36:48 PM »
I was on a Monarch flight in May and had paid for a meal. However, I wasn't given one and when I enquired why not, I was told I had been allocated to a seat for those who weren't having a meal. They immediately brought me one without asking to check my ticket.

Mike

Mandy Harrison

Aretousa Appartments
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 08:39:14 PM »
Quote from: Mike G
I was on a Monarch flight in May and had paid for a meal. However, I wasn't given one and when I enquired why not, I was told I had been allocated to a seat for those who weren't having a meal. They immediately brought me one without asking to check my ticket.

Mike

You are a brave man eating Monarch plane food its absolutely horrible.  Same food every time I get on  -crap breakfast and horrible sausage and mashon return journey.  I usually manage to eat the bread roll on breakfast meal and not much else.  The dried up beans were the best bit this time out!  Chris and I usually go for an early meal at Kastro  on the way home before we go to the airport usually chop and chips and that normally does me until I get home - I would rather eat chocolate and crisps and rubbish like that despite the calories.  If you are ever on my flight and you need a meal just ask - you can have it with pleasure