Author Topic: Agents ceased trading  (Read 8661 times)

Offline travellingran

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« on: August 14, 2009, 11:24:32 AM »
Agents :-   Flydeals.co.uk have sent details of Kunapark Ltd and many more whose booking agents they use.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:25:02 AM by travellingran »

Offline Susan K

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 04:24:50 PM »
Quote from: travellingran
Agents :-   Flydeals.co.uk have sent details of Kunapark Ltd and many more whose booking agents they use.

Do you mean Flydeals or Kunapark have ceased trading?

Offline travellingran

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 06:17:20 PM »
Quote from: Susan K

Kunapark have ceased trading. The Flydeals website lists all affected companies.
www.flydeals.co.uk. They advise anyone with a booking with any of those to contact their tour company or booking agent. That's really all the email said, Susan. A bit vague but try it.

Offline travellingran

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 07:18:49 PM »

Kunapark have ceased trading. The Flydeals website lists all affected companies.
www.flydeals.co.uk. They advise anyone with a booking with any of those to contact their tour company or booking agent. That's really all the email said, Susan. A bit vague but try it.

Had another email stating that Flydeals trading as Kahuna have ceased trading. They seem to be as confused as we are now. I will email my usual longhaul agency and ask them. They are Travelbag and Trailfinders and may know what is going on. I don't have any forthcoming travel with any on the website list thank goodness but many others may have.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 07:19:39 PM by travellingran »

Offline fenman

• View Profile
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 01:59:39 PM »

Had another email stating that Flydeals trading as Kahuna have ceased trading. They seem to be as confused as we are now. I will email my usual longhaul agency and ask them. They are Travelbag and Trailfinders and may know what is going on. I don't have any forthcoming travel with any on the website list thank goodness but many others may have.

Kunapark has gone bust, it traded under several names including-

flydeals.co.uk

hot4holidays.co.uk and

luxuryholidaymaker.co.uk

Hope this clarifies things.

Offline travellingran

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 03:23:55 PM »
Quote from: fenman

Kunapark has gone bust, it traded under several names including-

flydeals.co.uk

hot4holidays.co.uk and

luxuryholidaymaker.co.uk

Hope this clarifies things.

Thankyou for the update. I am please I have not booked for next year with any of them.

Heather.

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 04:44:24 PM »
Pete and Dawn are off tomorrow and didn't see any of this, but I just text him and mailed the link.

Olympic told him that he's OK to go, but he's going from Gatwick. But it might affect other airports, so it might be wise to check out other airports if you're with any of those operators.

Good luck anyone involved in this and my sympathy for anyone already out there who's affected. Been there done that (XL?) and you have my sympathy.

george...

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 04:51:09 PM »

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 11:17:29 AM »
What with Kiss now ceasing to trade, along with the other tour companies that have folded over the last couple of years, and as they have just said on the news that there will be more fatalities within the industry. How does one expect to have a relaxing holiday anymore, knowing that while you are soaking up the sunshine, your tour company might be going bust and loading you with a lot of stress that you went out there to get rid of.
OK we all know that the majority of sensible bookings will be covered by the ATOL agreement, and you will be 'gauranteed' a return flight (at the moment), but it's not the same as 10-15 years ago when you booked a holiday and knew that you would come back rested and fully relaxed is it?

Come on, there must be someone out there who can get this 'beam me up Scotty' machine sorted... and soon!! Then we can get back to being the manipulators of the tour companies instead of it being the other way around.

george...  

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 03:29:26 PM »
Quote from: George
What with Kiss now ceasing to trade, along with the other tour companies that have folded over the last couple of years, and as they have just said on the news that there will be more fatalities within the industry. How does one expect to have a relaxing holiday anymore, knowing that while you are soaking up the sunshine, your tour company might be going bust and loading you with a lot of stress that you went out there to get rid of.
OK we all know that the majority of sensible bookings will be covered by the ATOL agreement, and you will be 'gauranteed' a return flight (at the moment), but it's not the same as 10-15 years ago when you booked a holiday and knew that you would come back rested and fully relaxed is it?

Come on, there must be someone out there who can get this 'beam me up Scotty' machine sorted... and soon!! Then we can get back to being the manipulators of the tour companies instead of it being the other way around.

george...  
Hello George,

It was the same in previous decades too. I used to go with Grecian and thought they were good. They went belly up in 1995 and I had a holiday in Rhodes booked with them (I wasn't as fussy then!). My travel agent phoned me, transferred my booking to another operator and transferred the funds as well. Previously what about Laker, Danair, Clarksons, and there were others, whose names escape me. I would concede it seems to happen more often now though.

The ATOL bond is well worth the small amount it costs you IMHO.

Mike

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 03:56:05 PM »
I must admit that Sunmed and Timsway, come to mind as well Mike, but they didn't cause the chaos that the companies seem to now. Now they seem to wait until the busiest time of the year before making the announcement, and they die overnight leaving so many travellers stranded.
Unfortunately these days it's the group that goes down and not just the smaller company being taken over.
It doesn't give the industry any customer service awards does it?
I do agree with you about the ATOL bond though, but with the fragile economy as it is and companies becoming more unreliable, how long will it be before that small amount starts to escalate?

george...

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 09:20:03 AM »
Been there done that (XL?)
george...

If XL has gone bust, why are there still planes in great big XL.com livery still operating out of  NK airport?

Noopsy
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2010, 09:24:05 AM »
Quote from: Noopsy 500
Been there done that (XL?)
george...

If XL has gone bust, why are there still planes in great big XL.com livery still operating out of  NK airport?

Noopsy

Looks like they are still having a dabble Noopsie,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...n.html?ITO=1490

george...
Where/what is NK airport?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:25:02 AM by George »

Offline Noopsy

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 06:04:27 PM »

Nikos Kazantzakis Aerothromio aka Heraklion Airport!  

Noopsy
Ελευθερία ή θάνατος

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Agents ceased trading
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »
Quote from: Noopsy 500

Nikos Kazantzakis Aerothromio aka Heraklion Airport!  

Noopsy

george...