login

Author Topic: First Timer  (Read 3302 times)

Offline June

• View Profile
    • Email
First Timer
« on: February 21, 2003, 07:39:34 PM »
I'm so pleased to discover this absolutely fantasic website.Well done all of you involved.I have just recently discovered Plakias and booked to visitin October for our wedding anniversary.The choic with Firs Choice thru' Lunn Poly boiled down to a sea view(Alianthos) or  double bed(and this is the crunch) -at Stella Studios. Please ,please tell me it is clean.Plakias sounds great.Thanks again.I 'll look forward to hearing mor during the new season.June Malott.Not ben to Crete since I was 229more years ago than I care to say)

Offline B.Edelsten

• View Profile
    • Email
First Timer
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2003, 08:59:32 PM »
Greetings,

Maybe you mean Pension Stella and opposed to Stella Studios, since First Choice do use Pension Stella (maybe there is a Stella Studios). Either way you should not have any worries about cleanliness. Pretty well every place we have stayed in Plakias is spottless. However, places can become a bit worn by the end of the season - though still clean.

If Pension Stella, don't take the double bed. It is ground floor looking into the hillside. (I nearly had to sleep in it with my father, but Stella took pity and gave us a spare room upstairs).

Sometimes October can be a bit cool. It can also spectactularly rain with magnficent lightening displays out to sea - you need to get up the hill a bit to get the best view.

You will find a lot has changed in 229 years.

Regards - Bruce Edelsten

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
First Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2003, 11:37:36 PM »
Pension Stella is absolutely spottless. The cleanliness of the place being a joke amongst us regulars (we go in October as well - 1st two weeks). If we tidy the room to make it look impeccable then on our return it always looks 20 times more tidy and cleaner than we left it. I suspect that even the piles of postcards were sorted and left in postcode order :-)) Very small place, very quiet. Linen and towels changed frequently. Owners do all and are very friendly but will stand no nonsense. I agree with comment about double bed. Front of Hotel is also quieter as well as having a better view etc.

John Rayworth