login

Author Topic: Transfers  (Read 9932 times)

Offline JBMouse

• View Profile
    • Email
Transfers
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 08:12:53 PM »
I agree, last year independently was a little more expensive than First Choice could do for us. However lack of the tortuous transfer makes up for that 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3282\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

the worst i ever had was a half hour trip that took four hours because there was a drop every mile down the road  :'(
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3324\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi, we have just got back and would like to warn everyone travelling with the tour operators that the transfer took nearly 4 hours!!! we stopped at bali and every place in and outside of rethymnon(at least it felt like we did!)including a small hotel near the harbour.The transfer was on a double deck coach which had no end of problems getting into and out again of many of the places.Although I undersatnd the economics of it, it was horrendous so be prepared and make sure you have food and drink before you leave the airport.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3630\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Marmaliser, you must have been on the same Olympic transfer as my wife and myself, June 7th. We arrived on the Gatwick flight, and yes, it was 4 hours, made worse by the new driver who didn't know where he was going, we sailed past one big Hotel ouside Rethymnon and reversed back along the dual carriageway! BUT I understand others who had arrived on earlier flights had already spent over 1 to 1 and half hours on the coach waiting for the Gatwick flight before the 4 hour journey started.
The return to the airport was  not as bad, except for the fact the Olympic rep deliberately lied to everyone by stating that the coach was going direct to the airport, when she knew full well that there were several pick-ups to be made, but, as she was not travelling on the coach, she would not have to put up with the complaints about lying. I will not be travelling with Olympic EVER again, and will pay more to another operator, or go independently just to hit Olympic where it hurts, in the profits!

Offline John R

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fluteweb.net
    • Email
Transfers
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 09:21:59 PM »
I will not be travelling with Olympic EVER again, and will pay more to another operator, or go independently just to hit Olympic where it hurts, in the profits!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3642\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It will be interesting to hear from anyone who has experienced any Kosmar transfers - the only other company now operating.

John R

Offline roger

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Transfers
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2005, 10:39:01 AM »
It does not surprise me in the least to hear that Olympic are inefficient and dwonright dishonest .My experience of them in skiathos in 2001 means that I would never travel with them anywhere ever again .In summary
 1 I chose one of the two accomodations in Skiathos town which were not marked up as subject to traffic noise . But I was then initially in a fron room and right outside was the borderline where no traffic was allowed into twon at night - so between 60 and 80 scooters parked immediately outside and started up all through the night - so whilst in that room I never got more than 15 minutes sleep at a time
2 I immediately complained and got a transfer to a room at the back when there was next a changeover - three sleepless nights later
3 I complained to Olympic on my return and got responses which showed they had not bothered to check flights - like I should have known it would be noisy as the descritpion said near to twon centre when the centre is traffic free at night .
 4 I took them to ABTA .That took ages as they ignored ABTA correspondence and I had to keep chasing ABTA to chase Olmpic .They eventually told ABTA they would give me compensation - cant remember but think it was £50 But they then conveninetly forgot to send me that money so I had to chase again via ABTA
5 The accomodation descrioption had not changed to indicate traffic noise the last time I checked - in other words they do not give a damn about accuracy or conveninece of their customers and lie to protect themselves
I am going to Plakias with Kosmar so I too would like any info on the transfer time - from Hania . Four hours seems crazy - with first choice it was usually 2 hours max from Iraklion even if you had to go all round Rethymno and with luck you sometimes had a taxi either from Rethymno or offasionally all the way
 roger

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Transfers
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2005, 12:28:09 PM »
I am going to Plakias with Kosmar so I too would like any info on the transfer time - from Hania . Four hours seems crazy - with first choice it was usually 2 hours max from Iraklion even if you had to go all round Rethymno and with luck you sometimes had a taxi either from Rethymno or offasionally all the way
 roger
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3649\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Last year we went with First Choice but were unlucky enough to have a nightmare transfer. One couple's luggage didn't come through. The whole coach waited nearly 2 hours for it to be sorted. When it was clear there would be a lengthy delay, the coach should have been allowed to leave with a taxi provided for the people whose luggage had been lost. This was not done, probably because they were staying in Plakias and so the cost was too much for First Choice to bear. So, after leaving Gatwick at 10pm we finally arrived in Plakias at around 8.30am - not the best way to start the holiday  
This year we are flying to Chania with Kosmar. I suspect the transfer will be similar to the one from Heraklion as there will probably be several stops in and around Rethymnon but, who knows, we may be pleasantly surprised. Anyone already done the Chania to Plakias transfer with Kosmar this year?

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Transfers
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2005, 02:12:26 PM »
The return to the airport was  not as bad, except for the fact the Olympic rep deliberately lied to everyone by stating that the coach was going direct to the airport, when she knew full well that there were several pick-ups to be made, but, as she was not travelling on the coach, she would not have to put up with the complaints about lying. I will not be travelling with Olympic EVER again, and will pay more to another operator, or go independently just to hit Olympic where it hurts, in the profits!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=3642\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I wonder if you are being a bit hard on the Olympic Rep, Morven. She may have been misinformed. My daughter has worked in an admin office abroad (for First Choice as it happens but the comment probably applies to all). It is pretty chaotic!! Morven seemed very pleasant to us and in fact we felt a bit sorry for her on one occasion when she was on the receiving end of some complaining that she was obviously doing her best to address.

If you really don't want to use Olympic again, then as John R has said, that leaves you with Kosmar. I know nothing about them (other than the fact that their self-catering accommodation, Apollon, seems fine) from personal experienece, but an internet search will reveal that there are complaints that, as they don't have their own airline, flight changes and consolidations are reasonably common.

If you believe the maxin that "you get what you pay for" then 150 Euros will buy you a taxi transfer, but be aware that Comapge and others have been less than complimentary about the quality of their driving!

Mike