Author Topic: Flights  (Read 10714 times)

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/groundy
    • Email
Flights
« on: April 10, 2009, 05:25:45 PM »
Hi Everyone Ive been so busy I have not had a chance to check out whats happening, How are we all? Im probably going to Stella in June whats new on the flight situation any bargains, I have only just got my money back from XL for the flight I should had to florida in December, Regards  Alex
MAKE SURE YOUR MEMORIES ARE NEVER GREATER THAN YOUR DREAMS.

Offline ian s

• View Profile
    • http://
Flights
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 09:48:04 AM »
Quote from: Alex&fran G
Hi Everyone Ive been so busy I have not had a chance to check out whats happening, How are we all? Im probably going to Stella in June whats new on the flight situation any bargains, I have only just got my money back from XL for the flight I should had to florida in December, Regards  Alex

Hi Alex, not much choice from Scotland this year as far as I can see.  Best I can see is Tuesday 2nd June for around 280 each.  We're out on the 4th but the price for this seems to have gone up to over 500 each.

If i find anything else i'll give you a shout.

Offline Shaz

• View Profile
    • Email
Flights
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 12:06:38 PM »
We are going first three weeks in August, cheapest flights I have found is GBP825 through travel republic from Manchester thats for three of us (2 addults and a 9 year old).  Others are just above the thousand mark including Thomas Cooke and Thomson
Hope this helps

Sharon

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flights
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 10:34:47 AM »
Quote from: ian s

Hi Alex, not much choice from Scotland this year as far as I can see.  Best I can see is Tuesday 2nd June for around 280 each.  We're out on the 4th but the price for this seems to have gone up to over 500 each.

Hi Ian, I have just booked a charter flight with Thomson for the 16th june £259 each about the best I could find without going to Manchester.  Alex

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flights
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 04:41:17 PM »

Hi Ian, I have just booked a charter flight with Thomson for the 16th june £259 each about the best I could find without going to Manchester.  Alex
Hi All, that time of year again ive not been posting had a busy year  been Usa, and not long back from New Zealand, sitting in over a foot of snow its time to think of Plakias, anyone know of any good flight deals, up to now I have found Thomas Cook, from Glasgow, for £210 each.Regards   Alex

Offline travellingran

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flights
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 04:57:51 PM »

Hi All, that time of year again ive not been posting had a busy year  been Usa, and not long back from New Zealand, sitting in over a foot of snow its time to think of Plakias, anyone know of any good flight deals, up to now I have found Thomas Cook, from Glasgow, for £210 each.Regards   Alex

Hello Everyone,

Guess I was lucky in booking very early. I booked last August through travel republic and an easyjet flight for 3 weeks starting 18th May. Cost   £123.

I have to travel from my nemesis though- Gatwick. Quite an expedition from here !.

Travellingran

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flights
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 03:13:07 PM »
Quote from: travellingran

Hello Everyone,

Guess I was lucky in booking very early. I booked last August through travel republic and an easyjet flight for 3 weeks starting 18th May. Cost   £123.

I have to travel from my nemesis though- Gatwick. Quite an expedition from here !.

Travellingran

Hi Travellingran, Didnt do as good as you but I got Glasgow,to crete 2 weeks in June for £199, So between us we have saved over a £100 on last year, more money for Raki......Alex
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 03:13:56 PM by Alex&fran G »

Offline travellingran

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flights
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 03:26:30 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Travellingran

Hi Travellingran, Didnt do as good as you but I got Glasgow,to crete 2 weeks in June for £199, So between us we have saved over a £100 on last year, more money for Raki......Alex

That is indeed well done Alex. Is that for 2 people ?  Mine is just for one so maybe not as good a bargain as I thought. Still jolly satisfied with the price though.

Heather.

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flights
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 04:18:09 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Travellingran

That is indeed well done Alex. Is that for 2 people ?  Mine is just for one so maybe not as good a bargain as I thought. Still jolly satisfied with the price though.

Heather.

No Heather  your still better of that is each, but its still £100 less than I paid last year.

Offline travellingran

• Sponsors
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flights
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 07:41:05 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Travellingran

Heather.

No Heather  your still better of that is each, but its still £100 less than I paid last year.

That's what it's all about though , isn't it , so very well done. I think half the fun in the whole process is in the booking and finding jolly good value.
I am going to Tanzania on Monday night and as just staying in village rooms there and in Zanzibar was able to sidetrack lots of silly things like the dreaded 'single supplement'.
Looking forward very much (despite anti malaria meds) to the trip but as usual can't wait for May and Plakias. I hope Kerstin  will be in Plakias around 18th May,or will I miss them yet again ?.
Heather.

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flights
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 12:48:01 PM »
Have a safe journey Heather, I,m not long back from New Zealand, What a trip I'm still getting over it ,it took 40 hours in all to get where I was going, I could only go for a fortnight and lost 4 days travelling, Im still wide awake at about 2.0am with time difference.  Best Regards    Alex

Offline Yvonne

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flights
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 02:55:33 PM »
Have a safe journey Heather, I,m not long back from New Zealand, What a trip I'm still getting over it ,it took 40 hours in all to get where I was going, I could only go for a fortnight and lost 4 days travelling, Im still wide awake at about 2.0am with time difference.  Best Regards    Alex
We were in New Zealand 3 years ago and still haven't got over it!  What a superb country.
Yvonne

Offline Alex&fran G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flights
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 03:29:08 PM »
Quote from: Yvonne
We were in New Zealand 3 years ago and still haven't got over it!  What a superb country.
Yvonne

You might'nt believe this Yvonne, but I did'nt like it, our son and daughter in law are over there, so it was for a visit, but I would'nt rush back......Alex
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:29:57 PM by Alex&fran G »

Offline Graham_and_Karen

• Regulars
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • View Profile
    • Email
Flights
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 08:26:32 PM »
Not been to NZ but would like to go some day. We recently met two couples who have been - one loved North Island but not South, and the other had the opposite feeling. I guess you never know whether a place is for you until you've visited.

Offline Kerstin

• Regulars
    • View Profile
Flights
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 08:54:12 AM »
[/quote]

That's what it's all about though , isn't it , so very well done. I think half the fun in the whole process is in the booking and finding jolly good value.
I am going to Tanzania on Monday night and as just staying in village rooms there and in Zanzibar was able to sidetrack lots of silly things like the dreaded 'single supplement'.
Looking forward very much (despite anti malaria meds) to the trip but as usual can't wait for May and Plakias. I hope Kerstin  will be in Plakias around 18th May,or will I miss them yet again ?.
Heather.
[/quote]

Hello Heather,

we are in Plakias from the 2nd of May until the 16th of May.

Have a good journey to Tanzania and enjoy your stay.

Lovely greetings,
Kerstin