Author Topic: Selia tavernas  (Read 3403 times)

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Selia tavernas
« on: June 23, 2017, 04:33:23 PM »
Hi, any recommendations  for tavernas in Selia, we are hoping to visit there soon, thanks in advance!

Offline mickydripping

• View Profile
Re: Selia tavernas
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 07:02:28 PM »
Try Elia's..... slightly more sophisticated than the usual, but well worth it. And the views from a window seat are incredible. One of my favourites in the area.

Offline Frank And Julie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »

To my knowledge there are 5 taverna’s in Selia, so I guess it depends on what you want.

As MickyDripping said Elia`s run by Nickos  is good, quite upmarket, but good food although I thought a little expensive, you then have Menastri which has the same views as Elia`s and is run by Yogos and Annie a brother and sister, they serve modern Greek food with a twist.

On the way out of Selia towards Rodakino you have another Taverna owned by Nicos I can’t remember the taverners name but it has large glass windows and is on the right just as you get to the end of Selia, Nicos has been a chief in and around Plakias for the last 25 years and his menu is a bit less adventurous and more traditional and his prices reflect this.

Then again I can’t remember the name but there is a taverna on the lower road as if you were going to the cheese factory again this is very traditional and mainly barbequed traditional meats and dishes, I have only been once but it was OK.

Then there is the one in the centre opposite Elia`s, I have been a few times good basic food with prices to match.

So Take you pick and bon-appetite

Offline spottttttt

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 09:33:49 AM »
Hi, we ended up  at one called Pamosrati and it was OK,  thanks  for the information.