login

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Plakias / Re: This forum is commin' like a ghost town
« Last post by JaneGary on September 10, 2018, 02:31:26 PM »
Sounds good-we always choose September, as do many others, as not so hot and the wind tends to be more bearable. I checked on the weather link from this site previously and September has the lowest average wind. 12 days to go!

« Last post by Noggy on September 10, 2018, 08:45:18 AM »
We arrived here on Saturday and two of our party were given temporary rooms for the night at Alianthos Beach because they are fully booked. We were given rooms with a sea view for the rest of our stay so we're not complaining. We were told that many of the hotels are also fully booked for September.
The weather is fantastic for me, not too hot and some cloud cover. Very little wind. Good for walking.
« Last post by Barny on September 10, 2018, 07:33:36 AM »
Interesting. I look forward to your update.

Barny.
« Last post by JaneGary on September 09, 2018, 11:37:08 PM »
I normally go to Plakias every August and have done for the last 29 years but unfortunately I was unable to make it this August. I decided to have a week in September. I am amazed as to the amount of rooms that are fully booked.
Is it really that busy in September? is the beach full (far end) and all the tavernas ETC?
i am going to wait until next August now as it's guaranteed to be nice and quiet.
Have a good one everybody!

Barny.
We went last year in early September as we always do and couldn't get our usual room at Calma apartments as they were full-the first time this has happened. Generally busy on the beaches when we were there but strangely rather quiet around the tavernas in the evening. We're off again on the 22nd of this month and will do an update then.
PlakChat / Re: Web Cam
« Last post by JBMouse on August 30, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »
Well done Dionysos, both cameras up and running nicely. We will be back in October and looking like idiots when waving at the cameras for family back home!
Hope you got it done safely without incident.
Ta leme syntoma
PlakChat / Re: Web Cam
« Last post by Noopsy on August 28, 2018, 03:46:19 PM »
The camera pointing to the south-east is working, the other is not.  Very cloudy today with big waves crashing on the beach.  The maximum temperature too is only a 'cool' 28 degrees C.  Some consolation...
Where to eat...or not! / Re: Restaurants in Plakias
« Last post by Noopsy on August 28, 2018, 03:37:59 PM »
You're welcome.  Enjoy your trip.

Unfortunately there will be no update this year as I won't be going to Plakias. 
« Last post by Noopsy on August 28, 2018, 03:29:24 PM »
I think it's gone quiet because people are away on their annual holidays.  Maybe when they get back they will share their news and impressions with the rest of us, and the forum will then liven up.
« Last post by micklfc on August 28, 2018, 12:05:57 PM »
Visiting Plakias for the 14th year in a row flying out next Tuesday for 2 weeks staying with Costas for the first time since 2005 really looking to see all the regulars again and of course Aggelos.
Where to eat...or not! / Re: Restaurants in Plakias
« Last post by sunseeker on August 27, 2018, 12:42:03 PM »
Thanks Noopsy,

We're flying tomorrow and your list will be very useful.

Regards
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10