login

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Where to stay / Re: Apollo Philoxenia
« Last post by steven on November 22, 2018, 06:42:57 PM »
Where to stay / Apollo Philoxenia
« Last post by robludlow on November 22, 2018, 05:50:12 PM »
Hi all. Me and Travel Companion are toying with resuming our on/off relationship with Plakias after a bit of a break. I see that Olympic have slightly expanded their accommodation list and at the moment are offering Apollo Philoxenia. Just a couple of questions- where in Plakias is it and does anyone have experience of staying there?
Plakias / The Maltese Falcon
« Last post by Frank And Julie on November 15, 2018, 08:39:15 AM »
The superYacht the Maltese Falcon was moored up just outside the new harbour  the other day, its is one of the biggest and most expensive yachts ever built 88m long with 2400m2 of sail  area and 3 number  66m masts, all rigged and controlled electronically , the statistics are amazing if you google it but that's what you get for over 100 million !

Me and a few local friends when out on my boat to get a closer look, and its a long story but they asked if we could take someone back to the port which we did, and in thanks they gave us a tour of the boat and invited us on board for a meal, a once in a lifetime experience.

Plakias might be quite now but it never stops to amaze me the things that happen.

All the tourist have gone now and it's nice a quite plans have been made to build the second phase of the Plakias suites at the far end construction is due to start any day they are just sorting out the last bit of paperwork reportedly.

Have a great winter everyone.

I will post updates now and then .

Plakias / Re: Shark
« Last post by Barny on November 13, 2018, 11:26:32 PM »
They especially like Mythos.

Barny.
Plakias / Re: Shark
« Last post by Liedtke on November 13, 2018, 10:45:54 AM »
Are blue sharks know to attack people? They're not, right?
Gossip / Re: How did you first find Plakias?
« Last post by bwian on November 08, 2018, 08:10:59 AM »
A fascinating thread! We were having a hotel holiday at the north of the island. We hired a car for a few days and drove all over. On our way back from Frangokastello we called in at the beach at Plakias for a dip. Was delighted to find the naked end!  Visited a couple more times that holiday.
Then, several years later, I found Plakias in the Olympic brochure. Itís been a regular for us ever since.
Where to eat...or not! / Re: Fresh Kalamari
« Last post by Susan K on November 05, 2018, 09:52:44 AM »
We paid 10 euros for ours and it was worth every penny.
« Last post by JBMouse on November 04, 2018, 04:14:30 PM »
We have just returned from our usual October break in Plakias, and can confirm that The Sirocco does do Calamari, the whole squid, fresh, which I have never seen in Plakias before, only ever seen it in Lesvos in our June holidays. I think it must be seasonal, but not too sure. The whole thing, tossed in a flour mix, and lightly fried is gorgeous, and does as a starter for two of us, a little expensive at 10 - 12 euros, but worth it! I am sure other places advertised Calamari, I think one of them was the old kafenion down the side street, next to The Cosy Back Yard.
Missing Plakias already, roll on the release of Easyjet flights to Crete any time soon!
« Last post by Yvonne on November 04, 2018, 01:10:16 PM »
Is it seasonal?
« Last post by Susan K on November 04, 2018, 12:25:09 PM »
Now Iíve got a taste for fresh, frozen Kalamari is a no, no. Thanks for the responses so far
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10