login

Author Topic: Accomodation in September  (Read 3740 times)

Offline k&b

• View Profile
Accomodation in September
« on: August 16, 2006, 06:29:47 PM »
Hi all, we got back from a week trip to Plakias in July.  Loved it so much we are hoping to go back end of september.  We were just wondering how booked up the accomodation gets and if we would be able to chance our arm and just arrive and be able to rent nice accomodation, don't want anything fancy just a nice clean room, be good to have a view too, though not crucial.  

I've looked at the travel companies and all accomodation appears booked up, is this just their quota of rooms or is Plakias extremely busy at this time.  

We stayed in a the Kostas Chysoulla apartments in July but not the main blocks, one in the road more or less opposite the Diving Centre and a restauant beginning with an A ?.  Studio was lovely, so wouldn;t mind staying there again, though as you can tell, I wouldn't be able to explain it very well, so if anyone could help with a name be good.  Don't really fancy staying in the main apartment blocks, (I've been spoilt with a view now !), so if I did need to arrange accom before would like to know the name.

Hope someone can help, we can't wait to go back.

Offline sheryl

• Regulars
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sherylhume1
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 10:01:10 PM »
the block you stayed in is called zorbas apartments, which is owned by costas chrysoulla - sorry i have no idea about availability but guess it will be busy and booked up quite early
sheryl

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 01:28:12 PM »
Actually the balcony view from the main KC blocks is better than you give it credit for. For two years we have a great view of the mountains above Plakias when sat at the balcony facing north.

Someone on the forum reported last week that they have just got a last minute Olympic deal at KC. Click here. (JBMouse Aug 11).

Mike
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 02:35:19 PM by Mike G »

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.results4u.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 06:59:45 PM »
Quote from: Mike G
Actually the balcony view from the main KC blocks is better than you give it credit for. For two years we have a great view of the mountains above Plakias when sat at the balcony facing north.

Someone on the forum reported last week that they have just got a last minute Olympic deal at KC. Click here. (JBMouse Aug 11).

Mike

I agree our very first visit in 94 we stayed at KC on a last minute didn't have any idea where in Crete we would end up but had requested a queit resort. We arrived in Plakias in a Taxi (lucky) in the middle of the night, tired we went straight to bed with no idea until I opened the balcony door to see these fantastic big mountains and guess what we were soon hooked. After that though we do it do it ourselves & stay at the Livicon which you need to book ahead for a sea view, but there is alot of accomodation in Plakias you would find something if you just turned up.

Rowena & Carl

Offline k&b

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 09:43:34 PM »
Hi, thank you for your responses.  We think we may just turn up and hope to get accomodation.  We have tried olympic, nothing available the dates we have, although they do have some great flight deals so think we will just get the flight and hopefully get a room somewhere.  Just didn't want to turn up and have 'no home' .  I am sorry I'm sure the other rooms at the kostas are fantastic too, we just loved the room we were in, but  it was the town we fell in love with rather than the great room or was it the Raki/Metaxa/......

Just know we loved Plakias and want to come back soon. What a great place :-)

Offline Rowena & Carl

• Regulars
    • MSN Messenger - rowenabarlow@hotmail.co.uk
    • View Profile
    • http://www.results4u.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 09:10:35 PM »
Quote from: k&b
Hi, thank you for your responses.  We think we may just turn up and hope to get accomodation.  We have tried olympic, nothing available the dates we have, although they do have some great flight deals so think we will just get the flight and hopefully get a room somewhere.  Just didn't want to turn up and have 'no home' .  I am sorry I'm sure the other rooms at the kostas are fantastic too, we just loved the room we were in, but  it was the town we fell in love with rather than the great room or was it the Raki/Metaxa/......

Just know we loved Plakias and want to come back soon. What a great place :-)

Too right Plakias has magic!

Rowena & Carl