login

Author Topic: Matala Beach Festival June 21st to 24th 2013  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Voloudakis

• View Profile
Matala Beach Festival June 21st to 24th 2013
« on: June 06, 2013, 09:46:59 PM »
It is getting that time of year again for the Matala Beach Festival.
The Matala Beach Festival is proud to play host to an eclectic range of music dating from the 1960s to present day.

Former frontman of The Stranglers, Hugh Cornwell becomes First international artist to perform at Matala Beach. Other artists include, Kings of Floyd, Professor Richard Smith, The Doors tribute, Janis Joplin tribute, Locomondo and many more. The main stage located on Matala Beach itself features acoustic acts during the afternoons, bands during the evenings, and DJs through the night until sunrise.​
Matala Beach Festival Celebrates 40 Years Of 'Dark Side Of The Moon' By Pink Floyd brought to you by Generation.

As Joni Mitchell once sang...
"The wind is in from Africa" and we are playin' once again beneath the Matala moon. Were you one of the original young travellers who used to live in the caves and on the sands at Matala in the 60s and 70s? Or are you simply a music fan wanting to celebrate life with us through a weekend of music and art. Whoever you are, Matala Beach welcomes you.

So if you are on your travels to Plakias during the festival it may be something you are interested in doing.
Matala is an easy drive from Plakias and takes about 95mins to get there.
One of my better half's friends is playing with Hugh Cornwell, I believe he is very excited as it his first international gig.
21st of June is also my Birthday but sadly I will be at home. Website http://matalabeachfestival.com/

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:44:31 PM by Lampyland »