Author Topic: alianthos beach hotel  (Read 4891 times)

Offline ukplakias

• View Profile
alianthos beach hotel
« on: August 06, 2005, 05:54:03 PM »
ALIANTHOS BEACH HOTEL - June 2005

Accommodation

Big main room, in a separate block across the road from the main part of the hotel and in a half-basement (therefore cooler) with good facilities (fridge, hairdryer, TV, towels, clothes airer/dryer on balcony, air con, loads of cupboard space) only about 50m from the beach and 1 to 15 minutes from all the village’s facilities (see below). A few possible improvements: floor should be tiled not carpeted, not well soundproofed, shower designed poorly so wet whole bathroom floor, very few TV channels (not relevant to us but others with children mentioned it), no bin in main room.

Central hotel facilities

Pool, internet access, restaurant, money exchange, cashpoint, car/bike hire, leaflets on activities, safe deposit box, play equipment for children (again not relevant to us but others with children praised it). Two possible improvements – an in-house laundry service is desirable and 1 main course at the hotel restaurant was poor.

Hotel staff

Our room was changed to one with a double bed and a sea view within minutes of requesting it; a problem with electricity in our room was sorted out immediately; and the reception staff were helpful and knowledgeable. However, customer service in the hotel restaurant from one particular member of staff was below average.

Recommended!

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
alianthos beach hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 09:43:09 AM »

Accommodation

Big main room, in a separate block across the road from the main part of the hotel and in a half-basement (therefore cooler) with good facilities (fridge, hairdryer, TV, towels, clothes airer/dryer on balcony, air con, loads of cupboard space) only about 50m from the beach and 1 to 15 minutes from all the village’s facilities (see below). A few possible improvements: floor should be tiled not carpeted, not well soundproofed, shower designed poorly so wet whole bathroom floor, very few TV channels (not relevant to us but others with children mentioned it), no bin in main room.

Central hotel facilities

Pool, internet access, restaurant, money exchange, cashpoint, car/bike hire, leaflets on activities, safe deposit box, play equipment for children (again not relevant to us but others with children praised it). Two possible improvements – an in-house laundry service is desirable and 1 main course at the hotel restaurant was poor.

Hotel staff

Our room was changed to one with a double bed and a sea view within minutes of requesting it; a problem with electricity in our room was sorted out immediately; and the reception staff were helpful and knowledgeable. However, customer service in the hotel restaurant from one particular member of staff was below average.

Recommended!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4035\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi UKP
How did you get in there??? I know the Alianthos now own it but it used to be independant and was called 'Gallini Beach' Apartments. I've stayed there twice and I agree it a great place in prime location, lovely Yannis and his wife Maria used to run it.
I've emailed Alianthos a couple of times but got no reply.
Were you independant or did you use a company?
george g...

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
alianthos beach hotel
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 10:10:21 AM »
George

I know these apartments are still owned by the Dridakis family but they now lease them to Alianthos, Yianni and Marie are having a well earned retirement.

I think Alianthos use them as overflow but I don't know if you can specify them when you book.

Ali

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
alianthos beach hotel
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 11:21:41 AM »
George

I know these apartments are still owned by the Dridakis family but they now lease them to Alianthos, Yianni and Marie are having a well earned retirement.

I think Alianthos use them as overflow but I don't know if you can specify them when you book.

Ali
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4060\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Ali
On the Alianthos website they are called 'Anthos' apartments. I'm going in the hotel for the car in about three weeks so I will ask about them then. Perhaps I can get them for next year.
I saw Yianni last year and he recognised me, still as friendly as ever, having his evening constitutional.

george g...

Offline Mike G

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
alianthos beach hotel
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 01:10:23 PM »
Hello UKPlakias,

Your reviews are very detailed. How about cutting and pasting them into the Reviews/FAQ section (top right hand of screen) as this is where the other reviews are and where people interested will look for them. Might encourage other recent returnees to do likewise.

Mike

Offline ukplakias

• View Profile
alianthos beach hotel
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 01:53:18 PM »

Accommodation

Central hotel facilities

Hotel staff

Recommended!
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi UKP
How did you get in there??? I know the Alianthos now own it but it used to be independant and was called 'Gallini Beach' Apartments. I've stayed there twice and I agree it a great place in prime location, lovely Yannis and his wife Maria used to run it.
I've emailed Alianthos a couple of times but got no reply.
Were you independant or did you use a company?
george g...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4059\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

We booked through Travel Counsellors - see  [a href=\"http://forums.plakias.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=2qhq41hnsaqeglafg6qqcahtv3&showtopic=614]http://forums.plakias.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=614[/url]

Offline ukplakias

• View Profile
alianthos beach hotel
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 01:54:39 PM »
George

Ali

Thanks Ali
On the Alianthos website they are called 'Anthos' apartments. I'm going in the hotel for the car in about three weeks so I will ask about them then. Perhaps I can get them for next year.
I saw Yianni last year and he recognised me, still as friendly as ever, having his evening constitutional.

george g...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4061\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks Mike! Will do! Looks like I'm still learbing about the site!

Offline Yvonne

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
alianthos beach hotel
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 07:07:16 PM »
George

Ali

Thanks Ali

These aren't the Anthos apartments.  These are at the top of the hill, near to the Finikas taverna, and are owned by the Vardakis family.  One of the Austrian travel companies use them, but they are available to rent independantly.  We can thoroughly recommend them.
Yvonne

george g...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4061\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Offline Ali & Dave

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
alianthos beach hotel
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 07:23:51 PM »
George, are the Anthos apartments not the ones up the hill on the way out of Plakias, before you get to the turning to the school?

Ali

Offline George

• Regulars
    • View Profile
    • Email
alianthos beach hotel
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 09:25:48 AM »
George, are the Anthos apartments not the ones up the hill on the way out of Plakias, before you get to the turning to the school?

Ali
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=4067\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Ali
Only going by the info that was/is on the website.
One learns something new every day on this site, I didn't know there was a school up there and yes there are other apts called the Anthos, which could be a bit confusing.
As I said I will be there in 3 weeks (from today and counting) so will check them out then.
george g...